Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Old GM Parts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dammit32, Sep 5, 2004.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I have some never used GM parts that I just dug up in the garage. A couple of sets of valve covers have me stumped ... I cant remember what motor I bought them for /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif The GM boxes they are in still have the catalog # and part # they were ordered from but when I put them in on GMparts directs website it says it cant find them...grrrrr

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Are they Chevy ? How many bolt holes ? Post some pics . I'll tell you right off what they're for /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. warrior454

warrior454 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i work for a GM dealer if ya get me the numbers i will see what i can find on them

4. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

put the part numbers in google. GMPartsdirect does not list any older parts anymore.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah--the same applies to the parts counter at most GM dealers too--the guys at the parts counter usually laugh so hard at me when I ask for parts for a 79 C10 or an 82 K20,that their coffee comes out of their nostrils! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifThey tell me I've been out of the loop too long,and to junk theese old heaps and move up to the 21'st century!.I will admit after driving a 2004 GMC Duramax diesel crew cab dually for a friend to deliver it to a customer,I was amazed--here is a 1 ton truck that can carry everything your family can put in it,tow a 32ft fifth wheel camper like it was empty(at 100 mph if you wanted it too! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif)and get almost 20mpg doing it,all while riding in caddiliac comfort,while the CD player soother your road raged nerves- /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.giftoo bad all this luxury only costs 38,598+ bucks! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

2004 GMC Duramax diesel crew cab dually that only costs 38,598+. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Man you had better jump on that one. Seriously, though, around here I've yet to see one that went for less than 56K. I've been racking my brain on how to get a new diesel but I just can't see myself paying $700+ a month for a pickup. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

It might have said 58,598--I didnt have my reading glasses on--or maybe that was just the "options"list for the Allison tranny,and CD stereo and heated seats and everything- /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif-all I know is I was sweating bullets praying no one hit me in it while I was driving it--had 2 real close calls with boobs on cell phones cutting me off on the highway- /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif--seems like people can tell when your in someone elses vehicle!.I cant really see paying 700 a month for a truck that would sit in a parking lot at least 8 hours a day while you bust your butt paying for it,never mind the insurance,and worrying about it being stolen or vandalized.I think I'll keep my old junks,and live a better life with the money I'll save--or buy a place to live for that kind of money!. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif:p

8. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    here is one of them /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

9. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Those look to be a tall cover that will work on most SBC's from 85 and older....

10. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Bingo , 58-85 smallblock tall covers ( 55-57 heads had holes spaced different , why gaskets have multiple holes BTW ) /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

Ok I have a set of tall ones too....but I need centerbolt ones because I have a '91. These are going up for sale/trade soon. If anyone is intersted they can message me.

12. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

PM'd ya /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I called the gm parts counter and they said their were only 2 styles for the old covers but they would have to see them in person....maybe i'll have to bring them in to have them identified