Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Old pics of trucks you no longer own

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JDBlazer454, May 21, 2004.

1. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I was doing some spring cleaning and found a pack of pictures in a box so for fun I started looking through them and found some neat pics of some trucks I no longer own and miss /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

A pic of our '75 Blazer climbing the logs near my driveway, I still want to cut the balls off the guy who stole it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    [​IMG]

This is the K5 that really made me a die hard Blazer lover, '71 K5 #'s matching in original Hugger orange....*sigh* if only I knew then what I know now I would never have sold it. This is my infamous K5 that got away.
    [​IMG]

Any of you ever find old pictures of past owned vehicles that you had a soft spot for? Lets see them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] BEFORE

[​IMG] AFTER

3. JDBlazer454

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Owie on the After pic....what happenned?

4. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

The wife hit black ice at 55. She went backwards into a ditch and did a one and a half landing on the drivers door. She walked out the back window and called me from her cell. She was ok. Her is the kicker. I told her mom women shouldn't drive lifted trucks. The wife proved my theory for me. But the motor was fresh-952 miles. I bought the truck back for 700. I sold all the parts I didn't need and the rest went into the scout. The tranny was only a year old. She lost and I made out like a bandit. I really miss that blazer though. She use to just purr.

5. JDBlazer454

Lucky she is okay but looks like the Blazer wasn't, too bad. Black ice just sneaks up on you thankfully its one thing we don't deal with too often in my neck of the woods.

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Here is a pic of my old 75 K5 just before I put the 35" BFGs on it. Those are 33s or 32s that it came with. Sort of retro paint with a so-so roll bar, mildly built 454, built Th350 and NP205 with 3.73 half ton axles. Lots of fun and moved pretty well. I thought it was quite the wheeler at the time, but I was always scared of damaging the pristine body or breaking an axle so it was not as much fun as it could be. That's a big part of why I refuse to put much effort into looks on the truggy. I get too anal about the "body" and it limits my options as well as my fun...

[​IMG]

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

8. ilikemud

ilikemud 1/2 ton status

did u say that first blazer was stolen? cause there was one for sale on ebay not tooo long ago that looked just like that... a bit more banged up different rims same color and warn sticker...?

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[​IMG]
    months of body work, rebuilt 355, 4 speed, it was a great first vehicle. Everyone in this town new the big red blazer with a rake and dual cherry bombs. Cause I had no fear about pushing it to the edge(when it still had the 305). I wonder what happened to that thing... oh yeah:
    [​IMG]
    I got the registration renewal for that thing in the mail a couple weeks ago, gave me a good chuckle. Oh well, I always said I'd have it till I died, I guess now its, I will have a K5 till I die. Then it will be a rock buggy /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

sorry to hear you sold her

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Started out life with a 78 blazer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Driving a blazer at 6months /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Then my parents bought an 87, but my first personal blazer was an 83 with the quad shock setup
    [​IMG]

Then I traded it for my parents 87
    [​IMG]

The red truck got turned into the the silver blazer I have today,
    [​IMG] (still have)
    plus I bought another 87 to /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif
    [​IMG] (still have)

Currently looking for a rust free 2wd and another quad headlight setup to swap in (since I dont think there was any 2wd models made with that lighting setup /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif)

14. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

This is when I used to have mall cruiser's. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[​IMG]

Although it did have a rear Dynatrac D60 w/disc brakes. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

15. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

All but one that I've owned.........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

Here is the 91 I used to own. At least it's still in the CK5
    family. [​IMG]nvrenuf gets to build it up again /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

17. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    Well, this isn't so much a "previous" blazer, but tore off everything but the rear axle and started building my currentl blazer, it was in essence a completely different vehicle, with street signs welded as patches on the flooring...

[​IMG]

18. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

here is how my truck used to look:
    I will never...ever sell it... it's like a baby to me [​IMG]
    here it is nowadays
    [​IMG]

19. JDBlazer454

[ QUOTE ]
    did u say that first blazer was stolen? cause there was one for sale on ebay not tooo long ago that looked just like that... a bit more banged up different rims same color and warn sticker...?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never saw the body again just the running gear, never really had any closure. She was such an awesome truck wheeled as good as she looked and broke everytime we took her out /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Some nice looking trucks. Its funny how when we look back on past trucks how invincible we thought they were. I am always surprised at how little I truely knew about them back then, the orange 71pic was taken in '93 and got rid of it because my husband wrecked it and it just wasn't the same anymore.

20. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Here was my first blazer
    1985 w/ 6 inch lift and 33's. It went through alot of upgrades and then I sold it to a friend and he trashed it beyond any form of use within 6 months. I was able to salvage the rear driveline.!

[​IMG]