Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Old Queston but...10x15 8 lug rims

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TrcksR4ME, Mar 16, 2002.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Have been trying to get some and the tire places say you can't unless you have them specially made. I know people have said they got theirs no problem. So where and how? Is there a particular brand or part #???? Can you order them online? I don't want to spend a lot of $$$, just wanted some black steel rims, or white at least.

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

People are so freakin retarded.
    I got mine from 4WPW for $41 ea. mine are 15x10 8 lug with 4 1/4 backspacing, white spokes. I believe that TEC wheels made em.
    I ordered mine on a tuesday and they were at my house on Friday.

3. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

Bought mine from a local tire store(Merchants). American Racing White Wagon Wheels, about $40 a piece. Also, a couple people have them for sell in the local Trading Post here in southeast VA.

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Did you order online or at one of the stores? I looked online and they dont list that size and it says on the page no other sizes available..I dunno, may be looking in the wrong place, or maybe I should try calling them up??????

Is kind of irretating, I already had one place this week tell me you can't order u-bolts by themselves anymore, and then ask which size 14 bolt after I told them 14 bolt, full floating, and this was at a 4x4 shop.....need some people that know something working at these places, geez...

5. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://toyboxoffroad.com>toyboxoffroad.com</a> has chrome 15x10's for $55 ec. I don't think they are on the site, but if you send them an e-mail, I am sure they can hook you up.

6. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

You can get 8 lug 15x10s from 4wheel parts....but Good Luck finding a non-dumbass to talk to. They have them with 2" backspacing that will work with little or no grinding to the calipers on a chevy Dana 60. Ask 72 Thing for the part number. It will take time to get these. They are always backordered, but worth the wait.

7. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I just called the Portland store, they did not have them in stock so I had them UPSed to the house.
    That was 5 mnths ago and I do not have the #'s anymore.

8. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

one of the biggest pain in the arse i ever had was ordering these. just like anyother place, the guy wants to know what make/model/year. but when i said 89/GMC/Jimmy, he said they wouldnt fit, so i said my front axle is off a 73 3/4 ton, he said they wont fit. i said i already ground my calipers and i know they will fit, this went on for about 5 minutes before i just said "I have money, now order the damn rims!!" i then went back a few months later and ordered a second set and when asked make/model/year, i told them a 57 chevy. should of seen the look on his face!!!

the point is, no matter what the dude says, dont let him make you think they wont fit, because they will (with grinding).
    good luck.......rob

9. BXwildshot

BXwildshot Registered Member

Try Fast Wheels in Tulsa , OK (918)599-9022

Custom wheels (similiar to eatons) painted any color you want for about 350 dollars

10. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

toyboxoffroad has them for $61chrome or $44 white. Which should I get, white ones and paint them black or chrome and just leave them???

BTW, they said those are the ones you can get, and that no one makes this size in Black. I wanted black which is why I would paint them.

What would be a good paint for painting rims?

11. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Eaton makes 8-lug 15x10's in Black. I bought a set of 5 not too long ago. They are $68 each and heavy as hell.

12. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.rocky-road.com/wheels.html>http://www.rocky-road.com/wheels.html</a> can custom make any US wheel exactly how you want it. Thats where I got my 15x10 8 luggers. They can do any series just go look on the US Wheel steel section for a complete list of wheels, they aren't just limited to the ones pictured on their site.

13. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I got mine from Summit Racing. They are US Wheel White
    Tracker. They were a little over $200 for 4 and I will be ordering another one soon for a spare.

14. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

I just got mine this weekend from 4wp for $65 a pop, they are pretty heavy chromed and they look nice with my new 35" Pro-comp X-Terrains, I just need to grind a little more off the calipers they're still rubbing a little.

15. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

16. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

What about using 8x15 instead of 10x15? I have 35x12.50x15's now, these would still fit but not require grinding right? But then would also be limited in future tire size.

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You will have to grind even if you use 8" wheels. Use the 10" ones and grind.

18. BADASSBLAZE

BADASSBLAZE Registered Member

Avalanche Engineering also makes them. Don't know on prices, though.

19. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

It depends on how much backspacing you use not the width of the tire. If you run 4-1/8 you will have to do alot of grinding. If you run 2-1/2 you will have to do no grinding. I am running 3-1/2 (what eatons used to come w/...now it is 3-3/4) and they don't require much grinding.

20. barbastard

barbastard 1/2 ton status

just ordered my set last week from summit...$120 for 4 wheels!!!

Part # is USW-70-5880, American Racing, white wagon wheels, 15x8 and 4 1/4 backspacing..

piece of cake...little grinding....12 pack or so and half a fifth of JD...and voila....your done!!