Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Old St Stephens school on fire tonight!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, May 6, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

The old elementary school burned down in Hickory, N.C. tonight. Flocks of news helicopters and LE and of course Fire fighters! Even a couple of Blazers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

That's a shame, I like those old school buildings.

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I wish I could find pics of when Anderson High School burnt down in 1999. You could see the smoke from Indy. After they put it out water was flowing out of the front door for 2 days afterward. I was in Mexico at the time or I would have pics of my own.

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That's about what it was like when Williams Township in Columbus County caught on fire.

Take this piece of information with a grain of salt. It will tell you how slack some fire departments are:

We are a small fire department in Bladenboro, NC. Williams Township is 25 miles from here. We get the call for mutual aid. We roll our tanker and our teleboom. Here's where it gets interesting.

WE HAD THE FIRST AERIAL UP!

NORTH MYRTLE BEACH WAS SECOND!

Departments from halfway across our county were also called, some approximately 40 miles away. We ended up losing it, but it was rediculous that we had to travel almost 20 minutes and still had "control" of the scene.