Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Old timers in blue.*Read my reply to Depdog you might find it interesting*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Greenblazer-AZ, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

You know who you are. You've been here for a long time and you can spend hundreds of dollars for a single tire(in some cases) but you cant pony up the measley 25 bucks to become a member. I know it's not required but isn't this site worth it. BTW I know I'm still in blue but I have sent the check, and I've only been around a short while. Not to mention that I sent in my membership with my first paycheck from my new job after having been laid off for about two weeks. If this post bothers some of you it's probably because you know you have no legitimate excuse. Join and become eligible for the monthly give away, discounts, and the best of all is the right to write a post like this. LOL!

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74 K5 Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds (See profile for pics)<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Greenblazer-AZ on 01/28/02 04:17 PM.</FONT></P>

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Re: Old timers in blue.

Yes, i agree. i am selling parts off my truck to become a member...
    well not tru. i have a budget and i have 5 cars and a house payment to come....
    but i am sending a check on the 15th of next month for membership.
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

3. Greenblazer-AZ

COOL another member with a 74 and from Arizona.

Blue '74 K5 Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds (See profile for pics)

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yes but i am sure yours is together and running. mine will be another year till i drive it again
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

dude thats not cool some people dont have the extra money to join that does not mean they dont want to suport steve and this site hell i just became a (paying member) and i have been here well over a year but just got the extra money to join. just remember this is a hard time right now for lots of people so just because YOU have the extra to become a (MEMBER) right now does not mean everyone does. i cant speek for everyone but i dont judge a member by having an orang name i judge them on the info they give[​IMG]

wheeling pics

6. Greenblazer-AZ

I'm not judging anyone, just trying to make those that can afford it realize that they should join. It's all a matter of priorities. My rig still needs thousands of dollars worth of work, but the money this site has saved me and the fun that it's brought me made me realize that $25.00 is worth it. I could have skipped the $37.00 sweat shirt but I ordered that too. So I stayed home Saturday night (tonight) instead of going out and blowing the money elsewhere.

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i am not saying that YOU are judging people i was just trying to make a point that not everyone has the extra money right now and should not be presured into joining (not saying you are) just trying to make a point[​IMG]

wheeling pics

8. Greenblazer-AZ

I understand that not everyone can afford to join, and I don't have a problem with anyone that hasn't joined. I just want to get the point across that Steve works very hard to make this site what it is and if you benifit from it support it the best way you can. There are guys that can afford to burn rubber, buy Dana 60s, 44s, new engines, ect. Those are the guys that have no excuse not to send in the two five and help Steve keep this site going. My rig would have easily swallowed that $62. dollars that I sent in. The gas tank is easy to empty just drive. I could have gone to the lake tonight and played but I thought it was important for me to do my part. How many others can but don't?

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I understand your point, however I don't think people should be shamed into joining...whether they can afford it or not.

However, there are plenty of tangible benefits to becoming a paid member. Lot's of extra discounts through vendors, a member gallery for pic's (soon to be back up I'm sure...) plus a sense of belonging to the best site on the planet for Chevy 4x4's. Bottom line is most people still wanna know what's in it for them. Plenty folk's, and it's a bargain.[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

10. Greenblazer-AZ

I can not make someone feel ashamed only that individual can chose to feel that way. This whole thread was intended to give those that know that they should join a good natured ribbing for continuing to blow it off because it's not required. In other words I'm trying to light some fires under a few posteriors(A$$E$). LOL!

11. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

I participate in other forums like Maximum PC, The Tech Zone etc. and don't have to pay. they've saved me a ton of money too. I do my part by clicking on advertisement and I think that is enough until I make enough money to be orange (10 hrs or so at mcdonalds per week while spending $20 on gas a week= not much money)

----------------------------------
    80' GMC Jimmy 4x4, 350-TH350-NP205

12. Greenblazer-AZ

Geez I cant belive what a nerve I've touched. WHAT I MEANT IS IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT THEN WHY HAVEN'T YOU. I'M NOT GIVING ANYONE GRIEF FOR BEING TOO POOR TO SEND THE MONEY IN. I personally know what it's like to be broke all the time I used to work for a convienience store. Circle K and MacDonalds arent that different.

13. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

I'm with you Allan. Why not. If you can afford to spend hundreds if not thousands on your rig what's another $25 to be a full fledged member of a great club. The man is not trying to shame anyone into anything. Maybe you all should reread his post before you take the high road. The bottom line is if you can swing the 25 bones do it. If you're tight for cash, no problem. Geesh. It's not rocket science.
    Shawnboy.
    <font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

14. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

This place is great weather you are orange, blue or green.
    Its proof that all the colors can live in harmony. No class envy here. We're not even pollitically correct[​IMG]
    Everyone contributes. All of us togeather make this one of the best sites on the net.
    If you cant afford to join or dont want to thats fine by me. But at least help support this great site by clicking on the Adds and Voting for it at top 4x4.

This site provides such a valuable public service, the 25.00 membership should be tax deductable. But somehow, <font color=blue>
    ColoradoK5.org</font color=blue> doesn't sound right[​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze> Blazer pics</a>

<font color=blue>Nevada... Where the pavement ends and the west begins

15. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I've been around here for a day or two now so I guess I will comment. First, this is not a club it is a message board. I belong to a club and particapate actively, both with my time and money. If I end up with an extra $25 in my pocket that I don't know what to do with I might send it in. I am not saying I don't have the cash, so don't trot out the "if you have it I understand" line. I do enjoy the site and it is alot better than back in the day when it was just a list of posts. I also have made some friends here. But I have made friends on other boards as well. It is hard to get too excited when it seem like more people are worried about if we are 1st in some dumb@$$ poll than in trail riding. Then there are same post that come up what seems like on a monthly basis, hint use the "search" function.
    Steeve I hope I haven't offended you because I think you have done a great job on this. There is no way I would have been able to manage it.

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Body by Tellico
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com>www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com</a>

16. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

actually it is a club, and as such you get benefits, discounts, monthly drawing etc. Yes if you dont want to pony up the 25 bucks then your not in the club, just participating in the message board. And I also agree with GreenBlazer if you can afford it and you use this site alot send it in if you can. We all know how hard it can be to send out checks, so a little reminder can help. I dont think he would redicule(sp?) folks that contriubute ( on the forum) into paying. And about being broke Ive been there too, obviously food and gas is more important so he wasnt talking to you! So just chill.

17. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Thats's kind of silly...........Like it or not, CK5 is a club. Heck, we even sport "patches" on our trucks to show off our pride. That pride translates into a desire to see our site come 1st in some "dumbass poll", too.

Just in case you haven't figured it out, Steve spends a lot of time(and I'm sure you've heard the phrase......time=money) making this site what it is. Nobody is forcing you to pay, but would you do something for free? I wouldn't.........And since you've been around for so long you might recall the time that CK5 almost shut down because Steve was forced to spend his OWN money to keep OUR site online. That alone prompted me to sign up right away.

And the reason the same questions come up a lot is because the search engine isn't that great. There's also the fact that lots of people aren't that computer literate or don't know that you CAN search for stuff. Give the newbies a break- I'm sure you were green once.

For all those who think $25 is too much, keep in mind that us boys north of the border had to shell out over $40 because of the exchange rate. Just suck it up and send in your cash if you can. Is 2 bucks a month too much to ask? C'mon.......[​IMG]

<font color=red>DIGGING AND DIGGING AND DIGGING</font color=red>

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well--since all this membership stuff started, this site hasn't gotten any faster to access. It's dead slow. I'm sorry, but I'm not joining until that improves.

I'm out of work and my truck is parked anyway, so I guess I couldn't afford to join if I wanted to.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

19. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Soon....very soon. CK5 will be on it's very own server and guess why? Cause people joined and now there is enough money to cover the extra expence.
    Remember ColoradoK5 the website was started as a hobby for Steve to show off the UAV. He put in some forum software up and boom lots of people started posting. So he got better software and even more people joined.....all the while he kept it free. Well the site started generating so much traffic he was WAY over the bandwidth and was paying for it out of pocket. Those banners at the top don't bring in much. They need to be clicked to make cash. Steve was nice enough not to burden us with pop ups. He also wished to keep it free. Joining is not required but those that joined are who helped to keep the site from being a finacial burden on Steve.
    So if everybody had you attitude about it then the new Server would not be possible. So now that you made the comment when it comes on line your going to join when you got some spare cash right? Till then why not click a few of the banners and help generate some cash from the advertising to help it along.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

20. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

We should be moved over to the new server by this Friday, God knows we need the speed, can't wait, like getting a new engine. [​IMG]

Steve

Director of Global Expansion