Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

old tool box = new bolt storage. pics

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by rdn2blazer, Jun 19, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

so I decided to keep my old roll away and after a long weekend of garage reorganizing I was able to find a good spot in my garage for it. then I decided to put all my bolts and hardwear into it to keep things organized. I am pretty stoked with the way it all turned out. take a gander. the 1st pic is of how I had the grade 8 stored before. the rest is of the box.

DSCN0254.JPG

DSCN0255.JPG

DSCN1233.JPG

DSCN1234.JPG

DSCN1235.JPG

2. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

a few more drawers

DSCN1236.JPG

DSCN1237.JPG

DSCN1238.JPG

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I am loving that! Will be stealing the great idea shortly... I'm sick of trying to keep all my pull out plastic bins thingys labelled (the ink fades away after a while) and I'm running out of room.

Your setup is so nicely organized. I don't live all that far from you... my not-as-organized garage awaits your presence.

4. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

Ooh thats too cool.....:bow:
    George

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Good idea!!

I like!!!....:D ....
    ....one of my best purchases was 3 sets of steel drawers I bought at a "yard sale" a machine shop that was closing, had for sale--they were all loaded with thousands of nuts,bolts,roller and needle bearings,bushings,and cotter pins,dowel and split pins,etc...a gold mine of stuff,with the cabinets and drawers....for the whopping sum of 75 bucks!!..:laugh:

...they wanted 100 bucks,but the guy said he'd take 75 if he took all the big 3/4-1" stainless steel bolts out,which I had no use for anyway!(I bet one of those bolts costed that much!)...most of the hardware is SAE and USS grade 2,so I still have to go buy them if I need grade 8...but its saved me hundreds so far,since mostly all I use them on is mowers and other non critical stuff that doesn't need grade 8 hardware anyway...I had to take all the drawers out,and load them one by one into my 82 Cabbalaro ( a GMC version of an El-Camino)--it was dragging its butt badly all the way home--the load weighed over 1800 lbs!!....:eek1:

Its nice to be able to walk over to a drawer,and grab the bolt or nut you need without wasting an hour pawing thru jars, or buckets dumped on the floor,and not having to use rusted old ones over!..my drawers aren't labeled,but I know just which one has what in it--memory is good enough for me...:crazy:

I take an old craftsman toolbox and load it with various nuts and bolts,clamps,and other goodies like wire connectors,and keep it in whatever vehicle I'm using...its nice to have tools if you breakdown,but they are useless if you need a bolt or hose clamp,etc,and dont have one with you!!..:doah:

6. KingDuramax

KingDuramax 1/2 ton status

I did the same thing with my old box. I didnt have the plastic containers though. I used old oil filter and brake pad boxes to hold everything.