Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

older style aluminum starter nose cone for a 250ci engine

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by R72K5, Sep 19, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

250ci with auto tranny and small diameter flexplate(nosecone mounting bolts straight across from each other)

i need just the starter nose cone for that, its aluminum, the engine is a 69

thanks

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

mounts to pass side of engine block

thanks
    r

3. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

would one off of a manual work?

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if its aluminum and bolts to engine block and bolt holes in it are not staggered pattern

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    R

5. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

I don't know because I can't look at it without driving 100 miles. Next time I make the trip, I'll try to see if its the right one. Don't know when that will be though.

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ok, sounds good, got any ideas whereabouts when that might be ?

thanks

R

7. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

anywhere from next week to months from now. just depends on if my parents want to send me some gas money. sorry I don't have a deffinate answer.

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ok, meanwhile the search continues,

need starter nose for 69 truck 250 engine

thanks

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

also need to know what flexplate diameter/tooth count is correct for these., since is only straight across starter mountign holes in this 250 block i assume the smaller/153 tooth ?

thanks for anything

10. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

there is a starter shop here in atlanta that has what you need let me know and i will get there number or look them up. southern auto electric on moreland ave. in atlanta. sorry but i dont have there number handy.

11. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yeah see if you could get their URL or phone,

i appreciate it

im soooooo close to getting this truck ressurected to back on the road and im not giving up now, ive got driveshaft issue taken care of courtesy of local NAPA store, and i can get the thm200c kick cable figured out on the next warm day and exhaust pipe and a muffler too, and hoses wont be any big deal, just gonna have to break down and buy new ones, nothing left after that cept tranny fluid and title transfer and license plates/registration and insurance.. gonna be beeding this truck very soon if i get this job on the 9th.

do need to seeif anyone can find me an exhaust pipe- the front one- attaches directly to exhaust manifold two studs and runs back down and under floor, i need one of them from caror truck 79-older with single exhaust setup, 80 and up alot were two pipes, crazy.. this is a 69 engine, so..

hmmmm...

thanks

12. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

holy crap, the exhaust pipe for these are not even availableanymore, i just called NAPA

\
    this is soem crazy stuff.....
    someone somewhere has to be parting or junking a 250ci or 292ci euipped vehicle soemwhere

in 78 some of them changed to double exhaust pipe and 2bbl carb, but most were still single through 79

help ?? anyone?

this is the first and LAST tiem i even contemplate converting any vehicle from v8 to straight six, there are just no parts or vehicles for parts out there for anything older than late 80's anymore it seems.
    where they have all gone in last few years i have no idea, but im pretty darned sure scrap yard/.

thanks