Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oldest member

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Aug 19, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Been thinkin', all the time and money spent on my K5 is well worth it to me at my current age (31), but wondering how long am I going to enjoy her. I can definetely see me keepin her until my kids get old enough to drive (4 and 2 now), but wondering if at say, 45, I am still going to have the same "want to build it better" mentality. That said, how old are some of us that are doin the k5 thing?

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

<font color=green> i'm 27,,OMG !! i'm 27 !!!!!! WAHHHHHHHH !!!!!! i don't wanna be 27,,i wanna be 16 again and know all i do now and and and ,,lmao </font color=green>

<font color=purple>ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]</font color=green>

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm 30, and I've owned the 84 for over 8 years. With new trucks costing as much as they do, I'll keep fixing the Blazer. I honestly can't picture driving anything else, either.

The way I see it, with all the choices out there, you may as well love what you drive, eh?

<font color=red>PHOTO ALBUM-</font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1289798</a>.......<font color=blue>TRUCK & HIKING PICS</font color=blue>

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

man you make it seem like 31 is old. i am going to be 32 this month. i feel younger though. i think it's all in you head. i think once i finish building mine, it's gonna stay like it is. just cruise it, and not wheel it. when i get older may use it for sunday events, like to go to church or something.

remember 31 is not old, OK!

ARQ.
    later,

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

5. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

46 next March. Still trying to fiqure out where to find the money for the next mod or the "deal too good to pass up".

<font color=blue>azblazor</font color=blue>
    <font color=orange> 79 K5 454-FI / 4L80E, NP205, D60, FF14, 4" lift, 9K Warn </font color=orange>

6. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Hey, don't get me wrong. I don't feel old, except for aches and pains (the Grunts' old before your time syndrome). I just know how much I am puttin into K5, and wonderin how many years I am going to be doin this. I have been into the 4wheel drive thing since 15 (first truck), but don't remember my Dad ever likin much about 4wheelin' except snow drift bustin' (at about 45 for him).

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

7. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

38 and still acting like I was 16. In the Blazer anyway...Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

8. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I'm 31, but with the 5 blown disks in my back I feel a lot more like 60 [​IMG]... LOL

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff</a>

9. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

<font color=green>lol,,i think you fit the general's motto to a "T" [​IMG]</font color=green>

"If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough."

The General

<font color=purple>ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]</font color=green>

10. 77Blazer

77Blazer 1/2 ton status

22! just a 2 years younger than my baby!

350, sm465, NP205, 14 Bolt w/Detroit locker(465 ratio), Savin for the front Dana 60, 38.5 swampers
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 77Blazer on 08/19/01 10:48 PM.</FONT></P>

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'll be 36 on the 28th of this month. I plan on doing this for a long time yet! My K5 keeps me young and gives me some focus for my free time.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

12. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

I'm just 19 going to college and really appriecate all you older(in age) people, your know-how/knowlege, and experience has really helped me out!!!! I'm glad I found this place when I did. This Blazer thing will never where out, they will be out there forever, maybe fewer, but hey look at say the mid 50's t-birds. Not many out there but they are there!!! Thanks for your sharing knowlege/experience with our youngerpeaople.

Thanks,
    Greg Gayman
    Hawglet
    Stovie
    hawglet@excite.com

13. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

lol,,i think you fit the general's motto to a "T"

"If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough."

<hr></blockquote>

LOL... LMAO... well I guess I've been getting in some good playing then... [​IMG]

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff</a>

14. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i'm only 17. i know i'm one of the youngest here.

scott,
    1989 suburban 3/4t 4" lift soon to be rollin on 33s, tbi350

15. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

the HispanicPanic is only 22 going on 23 in Oct. but have had my Jimmy for going on 9 years now. my old man gave Jimmy to me when i was 14 he was the first original owner he still has the payment stubs of course he gave the truck bone stock and said what ever happens to it its your problem thats how i learned what i know now. i still remember sitting on his lap steering the truck and he used to tell me just keep the center line on the hood on the right solid strip and you'll be fine i think thats pretty [​IMG] that makes me appreciate my Jimmy

<font color=purple>I put the Panic in Hispanic</font color=purple>[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

16. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I just turned 34 on the 17th and I don't act like it .......I may feel like it but I don't act it !!! Age is a funny thing.......you're only as old or as young as you feel .....ya know what I mean ????

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

17. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I probably am the youngest one hear at the age of 16. I look forward to many many years of wheelin, mods, etc. in the future

Adam

18. 29, will be th.. thhh. thhhh.. i can't say it but it will be in february. i often wonder how long i will like crawlin under greesey trucks and bustin my knuckles too. hopefull for a long time. there's a great saticfaction knowing everything about the vehicle you are driving.

<font color=blue>Striving for K5 world dominance</font color=blue>

19. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

My Dad just turned 60. He as a 56 Willy's with a 283 and Edelbrock fuel injection. That is about the only J**P I will ever own. It is in his will that it goes to me. But he still loves going out and working on it. And he is still one of the crazest people to wheel with. So I figure I'll still be doing it at 60...Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

20. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

35 today actually... the 19th that is. The bod feels a lot older than it used to but the wife insists I have only made it up to 21 years old mentally! LOL
    Had the Jimmy for almost 9 yrs now, and cant forsee getting rid of it at all ever.

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Aint Skeered!! </font color=red>