Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

olive drab paint

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Md mudder, Dec 23, 2001.

1. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

where can I get some?buy the gallon not spray cans thanks

<font color=green>Ryan</font color=green>
    <font color=red> 84 pickup 454/400/208 <font color=red>
    <font color=blue>79blazer 400/ 350/205/8"springs 39.5 swampers]

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Any automotive paint store can mix you some. They should have a chip card with about 25 different flat selections. I bought a quart of OD green for about 22 bucks.

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5

3. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Check any millitary surplus stores around you they sometimes have t I know they do here and its like 35 bucks for a gallon. Or I have also bought od paint by the gallon from <a target="_blank" href=http://www.colemans.com>www.colemans.com</a>

Scott
    78blazer

4. cfabe

cfabe Registered Member

I used spray cans to do my truck, took about 6 cans. I used rustoleum cammo paint, got it at home depot, like $2.50 a can. Because its a flat paint you cant see lap marks or anything like that, it looks much better then i thought it would. Best part is if I scratch it, I just whip out the can and spray over it and you can't evel tell it was there.

1983 s-10 blazer, TPI 305, TH350 trans, 30" ATs, eventually solid front axle conversion and big meats.

5. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

My .02 here. The NATO camo that you see does not use OD green. Olive drab went out (30) years ago. The color now is a Forest Green. Not that OD isn't pretty color. I'm rather fond of the OD like shade available on the new TJ "Heep", it's got that Korea age look to it.

Real trucks don't have spark plugs!

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There are so many different "OD Green" colors that I'm not sure what the correct color is anyway. You can pretty much call it what you want, because anything from brown to blue can be called OD.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

7. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

most of the time you can find od paint in farm stores in the hunting section. (such as farm king) or they can special order it for you. also, i agree you can find it at army surplus stores or mail order. i personaly have experience at some of the newer stuff (im x-military) and it is good stuff but hard to work with. it is epoxy and needs mixed up really well. doesnt come out once you have it on clothes and is extremely hard to get off your hands, plus has really strong smell (use in well ventilated area.) you can also pick that and other surplus stuff up at military posts when they have surplus auctions (rock island arsenal is close to where i live ). on the good side, true military paint weathers real well and is strong and scratch resistent and rust resistent. hope this helps you and others.

darrenolander
    galva,il.
    1979chevycheyenneblazer
    350/350
    gettin'down on all fours, 4 a'little
    x4 play !

8. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info there are no farm or paint shops on this island but i found some at colemans for $20 a gallon

<font color=green>Ryan</font color=green>
    <font color=red> 84 pickup 454/400/208 <font color=red>
    <font color=blue>79blazer 400/ 350/205/8"springs 39.5 swampers]