Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Olympic athletes told to play down flag

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, May 21, 2004.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I guess it's not "PC" to be proud to be an American, even if you're on the f**king US Olympic Team.

(link to full article below)

On May 16, 2004, Bill Martin, the president of the U.S. Olympic Committee, related the following story to the Los Angeles Times: “We are not the favorite kid in the world right now…I had a very high member (of the International Olympic Committee) tell me recently that we need to realize that the rest of the world doesn't want us on top, it only wants us on tap, meaning nearby, when there is an ugly little crisis somewhere on the globe, where it is then up to us to fix it, to go in there, do the dirty work, put our young men and women on the line.” Therein lies the paradox: Those who hate us also need us.

According to the Washington Times, Mike Moran, a consultant who advises Olympic athletes, was more specific about how the athletes should behave: “What I am telling the athletes is, ‘Don't run over and grab a flag and take it round the track with you’…If a Kenyan or a Russian grabs their national flag and runs round the track or holds it high over their heads, it might not be viewed as confrontational.” This advice is embarrassing, a pathetic capitulation to the threat posed by radical Islam and anti-Americanism. It’s a slap in the face of all those proud American men and women who are fighting and dying abroad to protect the many freedoms that the United States – and the rest of the world – enjoy…including the freedom to participate in the 2004 Olympic Games.

These excerpts came from the following article:
    http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=13468

Holy sh*t I sure wouldn't want to be confrontational!

I think the US needs to just stop the game, takes it's ball and go home. Let the other kids figure it out without us. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

The Olympics are trashed anyway. They just announced that 'transgendered' things will now be able to participate.

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

[darn] em, we got explosives, lets play with em. and if they dont wanna play along like good little kids, they get to be "it" /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I was going to complain about that, but really, if you have a big burly man who is thinking he's a woman competeing against a small woman in weightlifting or somehting, that's not too fair huh?

Anyone ever study the Olympics under Nazi Germany? I can't recall most of it but wasn't that one pretty crap too?

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, I forgot about that sh*t. What a fu**ing joke. I say if sex and genetics don't matter, let's just let a thoroughbred take the gold in the 1000 meter track and a damn dolphin in the 100 meter swim. I guess we could nueter them, that would make them a special interest group. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I forgot about that sh*t. What a fu**ing joke. I say if sex and genetics don't matter, let's just let a thoroughbred take the gold in the 1000 meter track and a damn dolphin in the 100 meter swim. I guess we could nueter them, that would make them a special interest group.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif