Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Omen of things to come................

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by dontoe, Oct 20, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

.............I hope not!!! :eek1:

I came across this article today while searching for a better map! :doah:

[​IMG]
    The S-10 Extremists have adopted trails around Uwharrie and picking up abandoned carcasses is one duty they gladly take on. When you go to the bottom of Cherokee Hill on the Dutch John Trail, you won’t find this sorry K5 Blazer any more. Within a couple of weeks of the Blazer being abandoned and stripped, the Extremists had hauled the corpse away. During the bash, an onsite survey was done and a week or so later, a team had come up to do the deed.

2. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

:confused: Dead in the parking lot, didn't even get to the grass in the yard. Spindle bearing locked up the axle and no one locally has one till in the morning so If I'm lucky I might be there say afternoon or sunday sometime. Jeeeeesh it's always something.:mad:

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

That blazer was there way back when I first started going to ure. It got cleaned up by the s-10 people way way back though. I dont think we have to worry. See you guys tomorrow at 9 am at eldorado.
    -Harrison

4. dontoe

Damn!!! :mad:

Wonder why?
    That's my luck!!!
    One big reason I didn't try to install the clocked 208/fixed yoke/drive-shafts/skid-plate and break it in tomorrow at URE. Last year my 203 broke 5 days before the ECBB-05 at Tellico and I converted to a 208 and test drove it on the way to Tellico......about 225 miles, worried all the time about getting it back home! :wink1:

5. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

that pic was in the 4 wheel parts magazine couple years ago

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  6. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey that blazer they pulled out looked like it had at least one good taillight, they could've saved it for John:doah:

7. dontoe

I thought exactly the same thing when I looked at it...............:wink1: :haha:

8. HoodRich

HoodRich 1/2 ton status

I pulled that frame/badly beaten K5 out in late '04. We drug it out behind my brothers '87 chevy, the ranger said it would be fine after we asked him if we could carry it home. We torched the steering box section out of the frame to repair my brothers truck and then crushed what was left, shortly after we crushed it the ranger called and needed it back because they wanted to run the serial numbers to trace it back to the owner. Its kinda funny seeing it on here.

steve