Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OMG........does anybody have a spare one of these kicking around?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Can Can, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

My 6 year old daughter broke the little plastic clip that locks the factory sliding rear window on my 83 GMC pickup. I went by the local dealership and almost sh!t my pants when the parts guy told me it would cost $41.36 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif for a new one. How the hell can GM be allowed to charge so much for two pieces of plastic?

Anyhow, if anybody out there has a spare rear slider lock clip kicking around that you'd be willing to send my way, PM me and we'll set something up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

pep girls sells replacement plastic locks for sliders. i broke both off the side sliders of my rear windows. they have a few different ones, just match em up to your old one. i think they are about 3 bucks.

3. Can Can

We don't have Pep Boys up here. Does anybody know if Napa has these suckers in stock?

4. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i would assume napa would carry somethin. or Kragen if you got them. is napa the only place in canada to buy parts?

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not to be sarcastic, do a search on the board for this. There is a company that will send them to you free. Unfortunately, the piece I received (and I believe the part # in the post) is the base, not the piece that actually breaks.

6. Can Can

Yeah, I remember that post, Dorian. But when I checked into it(that was a long time ago, wasn't it?), the company in question didn't ship to Canada.

Anyhow, one of the Brotherhood just stepped up and offered to help me out. Thanks for all the help lads. CK5 simply rocks!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

If You got to napa, look at the rotating stand's full of door handle's, knob's, electrical splice's and stuff like that. I think I remember seeing them on the stand's, with a name { Help} [ Helper ] on the boxe's.

8. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Canadian tire seems to have a pretty good selection of that type of stuff, usually right on the shelf.