Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OMG has anyone seen the 2003 chevy trucks in person yet??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chaz88K5, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

THEY ARE THE UGLYEST THING GM HAS PUT OUT IN AWHILE....what in the F#$k would they change the front end to look like the avalanche...just looks dumb as all He11...geez..after lookin at that it just makes me want a new ford even more!! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I hate to say this, but I fully agree with ya... the new GM's are about f*k'ng uuuuuuuuuugly.

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i really liked the body style they had then they had to go and do a retarded thing and screw it all up...someone should put a bullet in the head of the guy that came up with this crap!...or maybe just beat him with a ugly stick like they did with the front of the truck /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yeah, the Chevys are Fugly, but eh GMC's look pretty cool if they're the ones I think they are.

Fugly - [​IMG]

Not so bad - [​IMG]
    </font color>

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

havent seen the GMC's yet...but might take a cruz around the dealer tommorow and see if they have any floatin around yet...the chevy dealer had 3 2003's already...seems like every year the next model years come out sooner and sooner in the year /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

GMC's aren't as bad a the chevy's, but I think I would still take a Furd F350 powerstroke over the GMC. Just seems that both chevy and gmc is gettin uglier and uglier every year.

7. cojnit

cojnit 1/2 ton status

This is why we spend so much on trucks from the 70's and 80's because they seemed to care about the end user a little more, bit a stouter truck, and didn't let design dictate function.

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Looks like the "Family Truckster" from Vacation.../forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I have been thinking the same thing LOL

Yes they are definatly ugly. Chevys design department needs to stop "smoking" so much while on the job.

10. stan2d2

stan2d2 Registered Member

Could be worse. They could have made them look like a Dodge. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I seem to remember everyone making the same comment about the Dodges back in '94. They seemed to grow on people.

Go ahead and get you that Furd and when I pass you on the road and the gas station in my 2500HD, I will smile and wave!!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Mike

12. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

That true. Everybody was saying how God-awful ugly the Dodges were. They seem pretty popular now. I even had one for a few years untill I traded it for a Chev dually.

13. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

ive always kinda liked dodge, then in my opinion, ford went and made their super duty or whatever its called look like em, and even though the new chevy's ain't so purdy, id take one over a ford or a dodge without question, im born and raised Chevy man, through ugliness, and in health, and ill be in Mikes passenger seat when we're passin ya /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif jus my opinion

14. Good reply Mike !! I can rememeber in 79 when Chevy stepped out on a limb and changed the front end from a square to a more sloped look. OMG it was the end of Chevy for sure and then in 88 they were sure to burn in hell for that one and then I even said WTF in 99 and then bought a 00 a year later and then 2 years later bought an Avalanche. I love CHEVY and always will !! Like you said, things just have to grow on you !!

15. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i dont know i think the dodges are great lookin myself! i never got a close up at them till a few of my neighbors started gettin them...they grew on me to and my dad now he wants one. i think the new fords are nice to but yea chevy just aint doing it for me right now..but maybe ill grow onto that too... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

Bryan

16. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I've got a dodge and I love it. I like the new ones they have out too. That chevy looks queer and the gmc would be ok if it didn't look like a chrome plantation on the grill. Maybe if a black version was offered. I like the pstrokes, just hate that pstroke motor, what a pos.

And mrchevy!!! I'd like to see you pass me up or get better mileage. 245hp/505 lbs/ft and a 65/175 chip on the way. And I get 21 mpg unloaded on the highway. HAHA

17. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I would have gotten another Dodge too if the full 4 doors had been available on the old body style. But, with the smaller cab (not really a full size crew cab but an extended cab with normal doors), and lucking up on an excellent deal for an '02 Duramax 2500HD, I'm an all GM guy again. I really don’t like the new ’03 styles in Chevy or GMC. The GMC diesel/allison has the raised factory body lift with the filler panel in there and the Chevy has that funky Avalanche nose. Maybe it will grow on me but I’m glad I got an ’02 with the “power dome” hood. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

18. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

"power dome"...I like that.

I would have thought about one of the other HD trucks, but for the money I couldn't have gone wrong with my current rig. It's all about what suits us individually...

19. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    for the money I couldn't have gone wrong with my current rig

[/ QUOTE ]
    Me too. I found out my new Step Grandmother gets the GM "option plan" discount. That combined with '02 clearance incentives (including a dealer option incentive) gave me about 13k off the 45k+ sticker. I just couldn't pass it up for that. I could probably sell it in 1-3 years and make money... Now if I can just figure out a way to finish my K30 rig AND make the payments (plus higher insurance)… Guess that doubler will have to wait a year or two… /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

20. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Damn and I thought I got a good deal. I got 9K off 35K sticker. My only regret is that I couldn't afford a 4wd. But maybe next time when I'm out of school and making a bit more cash!