Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OMG OMG OMG!! my DREAM TRUCK HATH FOUND ME!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, May 24, 2002.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

found it in the trader I picked up today...

1977 K30 crewcab, 454/400

wow.... I'm gonna call the guy up... well, tomorrow sometime, and see if he'll accept partial trade on one of my suburbans.... at worst, I can take a loan from my bank, and then sell the 2wd suburban, or possibly the 4x4... decisions decisions.... well, I think the 4x4 will become my monster bigblock powared topless rockcrawler, and the crewcab will become my dailydriver/bigass (tm) truck...

can'tsleepcan'tsleep musttryIhaveworktomorrowmorningat5........ mustfindmynyquil,andmixitwithsomejackdanielsorsomethinglikethat...

-Rich
    PS, I'm kinda excited about this.... and if any of you buy this rig out from under me, I'll jelously make fun of you behind your back for all time and eternity, before plotting to get put into your will, and then through an intricate multinational plot of intrugue, get you dead, and the truck to me....

2. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Thats so cool! I know the feeling of finding the exact truck. I hope hope you get it. If this is the "dream" truck then GET IT! Forget trying to sleep, its not going to happen. Its like waiting for Santa Claus to come isnt it?

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

the only option that would make it `absolutely perfect' taht it lacks is the manual transmission... but it'll be fine with its slushbox since its going ot be an around truck that I take into the mountains occasionaly, instead of a mountain truck I occasionaly take around town.... ( eating a burger, and operating a manual in gridlock is nearly impossible... ) but its everything I've ever wanted in a vehicle... can go anywhere, can haul lotsa people, and lotsa stuff... the suburban does that, but it can;t handle the tall stuff... I might just sell both the subs if I get this thing, although I think I'd rather turn the k20 into a rock crawler of DOOM or something... oh, and if I don't go for a trade, but rather a bank loan, I'll own 3 454's at onet ime.... thats like more displacement then the entire ricer community combined.....

-Rich

4. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

LOL! I personally think automatics are better for around town driving myself. You will now have a fleet of 454s , nothing wrong with that /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I used to have a 1978 Chevy C-30 crew cab (4-door) dually pick-up with the long box. I had lowering coil springs up front. 454/400. When I blew the 454, I went with a 502 HO create motor. Very long truck, can be hard to find parking . But very fun to drive !!!!!!!! I do miss it. It was my tow vichile when I ran a lawn care service, pulled a trailer with large mowers, and other lawn care equipment. Was also my daily driver.

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I saw one for sale yesterday 88 k30 4x4 454 t400 205(I looked) dually $7500

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Man, I would loovvveeee to find/have a '91 V30 crew cab with a 454/4L80E/205. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Me too Wes.

Dan

9. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

the K30 crew, is what I've wanted ever since I rode in one when I was 13.... the 77 is what I want, for the emission exempt status, and slightly better refined wiring harness on it. the key to this vehicle, is its only a single rear wheel, instead of the ungodly wider-then-the-lane dually thing....

at anyrate, for AZ peeps,: 1977 C20 suburban 454/400 trailering special. ugly as hell, needs new rear leaf springs, engine is only 15,000 miles old, new hoses, bitchin' stereo, etc. transmission needs either a deep cleaning, or a rebuild ( know a guy local who'll do it for 300, if you take it in, and 550 installed) I'm basicaly looking for about what I paid for it when I bought the truck, and had the engine rebuilt....

With Stereo: 4500
    Without stereo: 2200 (yes, I do have more in stereo then I paid for the truck... )

I'll also throw in some spare 3/4 ton srpings I got to try and replace these ones with, but havn't had time to play with them and size them out. (the original springs have a few broken ones in them)

Possibly: 1973 K20 suburban 350/350/205 d44, 14bff, crap tires, 4 inch lift, grey primer/Spray on truckbed liner, headers, flowmasters, really low gears ( I think it should shift again at 35 MPH, but its already in top gear) newer grey interior, new carpet (installed myself, so not the greatest) 33x1250-16.5's on 9.75x16.5 wagon wheel steel rims, etc

$3000

-Rich

10. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Did you go look at the truck yet?

11. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

nope... its in tucson... abvout 100 miles away, and I've yet to be successtul in contacting the owner...

I hopes I can get through before it gets sold... (did I mention the 3400 dollar price tag?)

-Rich

12. thatK30guy

I take what I said back......I would like/love to find a '91 V30 with the 4L80E and NP205, BUT, the motor I want it to have would have to be swapped in. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Are you ready? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

502 Ram Jet!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

13. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

There's a red one here in Salt Lake for sale, and everytime I drive by it, tears form in the corner of my eye. The guy wants I think like around $9,000 for it and that's way out of my range. It's got the stats you listed Wes.
    It's not a Ramjet, but I think he said it was an HO crate big block of some sort. Want me to find a phone number?

tom

14. thatK30guy

I'm gonna have to pass for now. I need to get my house fixed up and sold so we can build a new house.

BTW, that little pic on my avatar with the "Brown Turd" in the mud, I got that truck from Bountiful, just north of Salt Lake. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

That costed me $700 to get it transported here. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

So, even for $9000 for the truck, I'm still looking closer to $10K by the time my driver delivers it to me. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

15. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

nope... its in tucson... abvout 100 miles away, and I've yet to be successtul in contacting the owner...

I hopes I can get through before it gets sold... (did I mention the 3400 dollar price tag?)

<hr></blockquote>

Well if you still want it hopefully you will get a hold of the owner. 100 miles is worth looking at something if you reall want it. If you dont get it it just means it wasnt the right one and the right one is still out there. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

16. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Yah, I hear ya. It's good to have that "holy grail" truck out there, otherwise there's just not alot to look forward to :-)

tom

17. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

The trader had the phone number lsited wrong.... the peopel I've been caling every day about it, finaly picked up and gave me the right number.... got another answering machine.... prolly too late on it... :-(

-Rich

18. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Just keep trying, you never know. Sometimes it takes a long time to sell something. Unless its a 500 dollar car.

I sold a car for 500 bucks once and I had people calling on it days after. I said "its sold" and they said "but ill buy it for 600" HELLOOO people I already sold it. lol

But on somethingmore spendy like a truck it could take awhile. Dont give up yet. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I sold my little 89 Beretta GT For $1100.00 2 days after it was listed in the paper. People keep calling for a month about it. Funny thing, the add was only a 1 day add. I will say the Beretta was a good car. Bought it for $900.00, drove it for just under a year, ruined the tires, and still sold it for more then I paid for it. I think I'll look for another one to just turn around and sell !!!!!!!!!! Use the profits for stuff for the Blazer.

20. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

well, the guy called me today to let me know he'd already sold it.... damn shame too... he `splained it had problems, like the engine leaked oil, as did the PS pump, the tires were bald, but the body and paint was in great condition..... some landscaper bought it, and is prolly going to trash the body, rip out the D60, and scrap it in 3 years when its completley torn up. :-(

oh well, such is the way things go....

-Rich