Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OMG! The 1910 Edelbrock in the cold...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Mar 9, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I went to work today, and it was about 60* outside. When i left work, it was about 25*. All I have to say is, this has to be fixed. There is no power at any speed, not off-idle, not off 2500RPM on the highway. The carb died a chit load of times before I could even get outta work's parking lot. It felt like it just kept stalling out... I even let it warm up pretty well.

Why? And this "situation" continued all the way home for the 20 minute drive, even after reaching full operating temp. Ideas?

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

im going through the same stuff with mine, i am not impressed at all with this carb, ill keep my eye onthis post, i need some answers too... thx
    Josh

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Sounds like the old choke problem. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I have the 1904 Edelbrock Q-Jet and it's the electric type. I still have trouble with it during cold start ups. Much like you explained it, too. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Choke?...is that the thing with the zip-tie holding it open/forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I had a different Edelbrock awhile back that had the same electric choke. I don't ever remember having problems getting that one to function... Will I ruin the electric choke if I take the ol' zip tie method? The Holley I just yanked off the truck had the choke tied open before I even put it on the engine!

Isn't there an edjustment that will make movement in the elec. choke more exaggerated (sp) at the choke plate?

6. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

on the old Q-jets there's 2 adjustments for the choke, you can loosen the three screws arouond the choke housing and turn it to change how much it closes choke on carb and then there's a little screw right under the housing that adjust's the idle RPM's this is accessible from in front of the engine, The new one maybe different.....but maybe this will help