Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

On a 305 V8 where is the oil presure or temp gauge located?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wazzabie, Oct 3, 2001.

1. wazzabie

wazzabie 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am tring to fix a bad oil leak that is dripping onto the exhuat and causin' lots of smoke. I am working at the valve cover gaskets and figure I shouild aslo get the oil presure guwge or temp guage. But where can I find it at? The smoke is comming back from the distributor and around both side of the block. Thnask

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Your didn't already forget, did you?[​IMG] The oil pressure sender is on the top of the block at the back on the driver's side of the distributor. It is a small can-shaped unit(normally silver) that threads into the block and should have one(but may have two) wire connected to the top of it. Unhook the wire, unthread it and thread the new one in. Make sure to use some thin thread tape on the threads so you don't get a leak.......

I don't know where the oil temp sender is. I'm not even sure if my truck has one.........

<font color=blue> WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER<font color=blue>

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

You might also wanna pull your intake and reseal that. The ends just usually have silicone for a gasket and need redone after a while. You'd also need some new gaskets for the sides if you did that.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</a>