Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

on board air

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skelly1, May 1, 2004.

1. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

So, I was looking at the website for onboard air. The kit for a K5 with a serpentine belt would run about $530. If I were to get this, what kind of performance should I expect? I know you can run airtools, but how well would a half inch impact gun work? How fast would a set of tires fill up? I guess a good comparison would be if you compared to the top of the line 12V jobber from Sears?

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

It would be comparable to the regular air compressor you have in the garage.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

Really? Maybe I will consider it more. I think it's a real easy installation.

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

It is once you get the bracket situation figured out which you already have. Now you just need a long-stroke York and yer set!

5. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

I actually have a york compressor. I looked into this a couple years ago, and the compressor that I have is not the longstroke, but it's considered pretty good for on board air. Maybe it's medium stroke, not sure. Anyways, I could probably use it.