Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

On Board Air

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mtnman210, Jun 7, 2004.

1. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a good onboard air system. I don't have the $$$ or room for a big tank so I'm looking for a little compressor. I was looking at the QuickAir2 and it seems to be what I want and need. Anybody use it? or have a suggestion on another type.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

if you go with a york 210, you only need about a 1.5 or 2 gallon tank. thats what i have, not on my truck yet, but soon. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

my uncle has that one if not similar to that one. It works pretty good it take a little while but it does the job /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif hey you can check it out this sunday if he comes.

4. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

sounds good. I wanted to get it before this trip but if someone's gonna have air I won't worry about it. And now I can see how good it works before dropping the bones on one.

5. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

yeah try it out first then you can make up your mind. It fils up his 36's and my 36's no problem it probably take around 10 or 15 minutes or so.

6. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Check out this thread. That's what I'm going to do, make my own power tank setup. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

thanks for the link I might try this /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I just bought a rotary York and brackets from a 4.3 powered Astro van. $18cdn
    a dual groove water pump pulley from an 80s car $2cdn
    they bolted up fine to my 350

I had to use the water neck and upper rad hose from a full size van (use the same year hose as your truck to match rad outlet size)
    I also grabbed the PS pump brackets from the same van I got the waterneck from as they mount very low and have a remote res
    I had to modify the brackets a bit to raise the pump off the crossmember but I always hated the stock PS pump mount in my truck

9. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Check out this thread. That's what I'm going to do, make my own power tank setup.

[/ QUOTE ]
    This is what a friend of mine did. I borrowed it full one time. I was able to fill 12 35" tires from 12 PSI up to 32 PSI with one tank. It fill pretty damn fast.

10. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I just bought a rotary York and brackets from a 4.3 powered Astro van. $18cdn
    a dual groove water pump pulley from an 80s car $2cdn
    they bolted up fine to my 350

I had to use the water neck and upper rad hose from a full size van (use the same year hose as your truck to match rad outlet size)
    I also grabbed the PS pump brackets from the same van I got the waterneck from as they mount very low and have a remote res
    I had to modify the brackets a bit to raise the pump off the crossmember but I always hated the stock PS pump mount in my truck

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see some pics of your setup if you ever get a chance. I can't use that setup unless I change to a long water pump...but I think the remote res. P/S pump would match nicely with my van trans dipstic.

11. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

it is the ugly version that uses the same can around the pump but has a hose instead of a cap that runs to a small paintcan type thing
    hard to beat the price though