Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

on-board shower

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thezentree, Jun 14, 2004.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

a few friends an i are planning a surf trip to the north end of hatteras island, and its gonna be multi-day. and being that theres nothing worse than going to bed salty, i'd like to build some sort of on-board shower for my yukon. i want to have something like a 5gal resevoir and a little pump to run the water up to a hose nozzle or something like that. ive seen pumps that fit on the top of 5-gal bucket lids, but they were designed to fill the bucket, rather than empty it. also, it was meant to pump thicker fluids, like motor oil. any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

oh, and sunshower is a forbidden word. something like that WOULD get punctured/torn in my truck and get everything inside it wet. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Somebody here was selling just the item you need...goes inline with a heater line...with two ports in the body of the heater element...one that goes into some body of water with a pump...and the other would go to a shower nozzle you rig up...

DW

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Sunshower, I like those, their not bad-, and I never leave them in the car filled. You can get cheap submersible pumps from harbor freight- The'll pump up a nice steady stream of water, and they use a 12V supply. I was able to shower up on about a half gallon of water.

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

oh man, hot showers would be way cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Right now I have a heat exchanger on ebay for sale that was designed for on board shower. If you go to an RV store they have submersible self priming 12v pumps for around 30-40 bucks. All you would have to do is drop the pump in a bucket of water and attach the leads to the battery and it would pump. Of course if you want hot showers you'll have to have a heat exchanger.

6. limey

limey 1/2 ton status