Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

On demand hub idea?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jul 31, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Ive never seen anything like this but I think it would be a good idea, A on demand hub like a arb, ox, or e-locker (flip a switch) and it locks your hubs. Because you can turn awsome if your hubs are unlocked and you can brake anything with your hubs unlocked so really you could run a front spool and just lock the hubs (from the cab) when you need extra traction. I guess the only draw back would be you would have to run 2wd alot more. unless you could mabe just lock one at a time(does it hurt anything to only lock 1 hub?)

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Wouldn't that basically be the push button 4wd of today?

I see the idea, but you would probably be looking at thousands upon thousands of $$$$ just for R&D to keep the components small, yet durable.

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I found an easier and cheaper way to lock and unlock my hubs... it's called a girlfriend. Just send her out into the mud/dirt/rocks and tell her to "get to it". Just don't forget to take her out to buy a new pair of shoes afterwards, girls love shoes and dirt loves to make shoes dirty! Well anyways... that's just how I wheel /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I found an easier and cheaper way to lock and unlock my hubs... it's called a girlfriend. Just send her out into the mud/dirt/rocks and tell her to "get to it". Just don't forget to take her out to buy a new pair of shoes afterwards, girls love shoes and dirt loves to make shoes dirty! Well anyways... that's just how I wheel /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus saving thousands of dollars in development and tooling costs....by spending thousands on shoes!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

That was a good one BTW!
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Thats a GOOD idea /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

that idea sounds like a jeep thing..you know with their vacuum operated front ends and such..

7. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

yea, just wait till you get married and then tell me about a cheap girl... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Twin-stick your case and you won't have evil thoughts like this anymore. (As small as the area you have to work w/ at the hub I don't think you could do it and keep the strength up & price down.)