Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

On line help?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by conoverbandit, Feb 5, 2004.

1. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

Hey Y'all,

I'm looking for a site or place I might go to to help me with my TBI problem on my 87 454 truck. I went to local parts stores and got a few books, and almost bought one of the chilton's on cd things, as I was getting ready to pay for it the the words jumped up at me "the purchase price of this cd covers one vehicle".I'm like what the heck is this about? well upon loooking closer you get to choose one.......and only one vehicle. I got 7 vehicles and I ain't buying 7 cd's the exact same thing just to get the info I don't know's there till I look at the cd or not.
    So what I'm looking for is somethig I could look up info for anything from a 71 GMC to a 93 Chevy van. Any body got any ideas? I checked alldata.com and they have the same rip off, one vehicle only..............Just another way to line the pockets of the already wealthy if ya ask me, but I'd appreciate any help/ info, Thanks,

2. conoverbandit

3. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Third Gen BBS has a good TBI forum that may be of some help. Generally, I've found that the Chilton's books aren't worth a [darn], you'd be much better off spending the money on a factory service manual or a Haynes manual.

4. conoverbandit

Thanks,
    I was just trying to find something that I could use to trouble shoot problems as they occur, lol guess I could post on here and see if anyone could help.