Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

??? on my 97 tacoma body lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by money_mike, Jun 20, 2006.

1. money_mike

money_mike Newbie

I recently bought a 97 tacoma with a body lift im pretty sure it is 2.5" or 3". its 2wd ext cab, after i bought it i noticed that it rides like crap on rough roads, the area i bought it in must have been extremely smooth.

I was wondering if a rough ride is normal with a body lift or if it should be smooth. I took it to a mechanic friend and he said the shocks that are on it are to stiff for the truck and i should put some stock ones back on, get it aligned and balanced and that will probably fix the problem.

I was just wanting a second opinion to see if the body lift may be the problem? I dont know what kind it is i wish i did

Thanks

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hes probably right. Unless the body lift replaced your cab bushings. If the cab bushings are gone and there are just hte body lift pucks then yes thats your problem. Otherwise it shouldn't cause a BIG difference in teh ride of the truck.

3. money_mike

money_mike Newbie

should there be bushings on the top and bottom of the puck or just on the bottom? because i think i recall seeing a bushing on the bottom of the puck