Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

on pins and needles

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mud hungry, Sep 14, 2006.

1. mud hungry

mud hungry 1/2 ton status

How many here hating waiting to hear whether or not you have gotten the Job you have had a interview with. I have had two interviews. It looks like I have a good chance of getting it but I hate the waiting around for the phone to ring with the answer. Everytime I hear the phone ring I jump hoping that it is them. At this point I don't care if I got it or not I just want to know. They said that they would have a decision(sp) by the end of this week which is tomorrow. Damn i hate this.

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I've been waiting since the end of August to see if Wilmington Fire Dept even wants to have me come in for an interview. I know it takes a while to sort through the applications, so I've been patient. Good luck to you!

3. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I'm going to be going to go through that next week. I have two interviews Monday so far, then I have to fly 500 miles back here and wait. It always sucks waiting to find out. I think it's really going to suck waiting from long distance. :crazy:

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Good luck, Wilmington could use another CK5'er

5. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

hey, on your way down there or back, drop me a pm and we'll do lunch. Calypso's not far off from I-40 and is only an hour away from Wilmington.

6. chevysmithz71

chevysmithz71 1/2 ton status

I just went in for mine today expecting to give my application say thanks and be on my way. OCONTRARE, 20 min with a district manager and I start in two weeks. Saw that he was a hunting man and got curious to see if he went weelin also. Ended up he does and seems like a cool guy, even if he drives a JEEP. Find things in there interest and talk about them, what they are interested in and connect.
    Now I start laying pipe and fiber optics for new developments. Hope to get on the backhoe and show some skills.

7. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Do they have buttsecks over there at the firehouse? :D

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

OH MY FRICKIN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man... you got my curiosity up about what "buttsecks" meant... Yeah, I know what it SOUNDS like, but a lot of things sound like something else and mean something different... So I hit up the wikipedia and I got this huge article about anal sex... In the related links, it... oh... man...

I can't believe you did that to me....

Holy crap....

No buttsecks in the firehouse... Or the champaigne room...

9. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'll definitely let you know bud. Thanks for the offer!

10. mud hungry

mud hungry 1/2 ton status

Well i called today to find exactly when they were planning on making a choice and I found out that it won't be today but sometime next week. They are hiring for another position at the same time and it put them back. I hope that it isn't a brush off. at this point I just want to know