Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? ON REAR SPRING HANGER

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLUESMAN, Nov 27, 2001.

1. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    I am going to do the rear shackle flip this week.What do I want...the 1/2 or 3/4 ton frt.(rear) spring hanger?What lift can I get from either(I don't want much!).I have the 56" long springs amd waiting on the hangers.I removed the overload and two leafs...so that gives me 5 leafs.Question is:1/2 ton or 3/4 ton hangers.I have 4" frt. springs.Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

You want the forward leaf spring hanger from the rear leaf springs of a 1/2 ton pickup truck. This will give you 8" of drop on the back of your springs, which translates into approx 4" lift for the truck. As for your 56" springs... you will have to measure for the optimum placing location of the new hanger, but with the stock springs on my 85, the placing was just about exactly the same place.
    Good Luck, and dont forget you will have to reshim your diff (or reweld your perches) cause you will prolly end up with a vibe.

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Aint Skeered!! </font color=red>

3. i think one off a 3/4 ton 4wd would work too. only a tape will tell...

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>