Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

On The Border meeting

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by fourwheelerjeff, Jul 22, 2002.

1. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif hey all, saturday was fun meeting some fellow lonestar k5'ers at On The Border, i was late, tried a shortcut and turned out to be the long cut, people there was: muddin' for fun, with spouse and friend; sluggo45acp;tx85gmcguy and spouse, and this i can't remember /forums/images/icons/confused.gif 75jimmy (?) jd and spouse then came heck for me /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

of course i was the last to leave, got in truck, barely turn over, wouldn't start, fiddle with it until i was soaked, back into OTB to cool off with iced tea, kudo's to OTB, they recognized me and didn't charge me and even gave the kids styrofaom cups to get refills in all day long even after we went back out, called greywolf after he got off at three and he come and picked us up and took us to wal-mart for battery, back to truck still no go, took starter off, WHOA, big hole is solenoid and smelled burnt, on to autozone for starter, still no go, figured out the cables had fried from the heat of engine and trying to start it, no cable, so i pulled the insulation back and twisted the lug on the wires and rigged it to start and get home, finally at 830 pm, just in time to shower and go to work /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

all in all, it was still good to meet ya'll and hope to do it again soon /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

thanks greywolf for coming and helping us out /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Okay...so next time, I'll wait and see if your truck starts /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Yes! I had big fun!
    JD's handle on here is K5Jimmy /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

For the future...the sampler will fill up two people /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Wish I could have been there, but couldn't get off from work...maybe next time

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Dang Bummer, Dude....I just got over a buncha starter probs...F-rod solenoid seemed to have fixed it...Now I just gotta replace my poor 130K motor before I gotta stick a sniffer up it's pipe (wonder if it will pass)...Prolly all of us woulda stuck around if we just knew you had a potential prob...Good to meetcha anyways...JD /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

Man that sucks, next time we'll hang around till ya get it running.
    Had a great time and was good to met ya.
    Later

6. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

hey jeff,change that cable

7. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Yes! Do something! I had just started my truck when you started yours and blew blue smoke all over and I looked at mine like "WTF?" and then figured out you did the smokey startup lol!!!

8. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

oh well, if i would sell some "junk" /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif (my treasures) off /forums/images/icons/frown.gif , maybe i could buy a better and newer tow rig /forums/images/icons/smile.gif , but then what fun would life be /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

variety is the spice of life /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

crew cab,454,400,14bolt with winch and 3 truck hauler on the back!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I had to work too, but I wish I could have been there. Got to have some way to buy K5 junk. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hmmm, the fun would be owning ONE truck that you didn't have to worry about so you could spend more time with your toy...errr...in your case...toyS

/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif