Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

On the road again

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SkulzNBonz, Oct 29, 2003.

1. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Finally got the tranny rebuilt and functioning correctly. Most the locals know, but my 700R4 took a dump two months ago. Turned out that the tranny had been rebuilt previously w/ some half ass pump arrangement that was only allowing half of the fluid flow/pressure to end up in the torque convertor. No wonder that SOB was such a dog. Everything inside the tranny was wiped out. Replced the pump (obviously), valve body, clutches, plates, everything. Well, it runs like a scalded ass ape now! I might even be able to use OD. Got an extra set of clutches installed while we were at it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Just need some dual exhaust run so I can hear myself think, but runnin' open pipes for ten miles of freeway was kinda fun, in a redneck sort of way /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

John

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Glad to hear you're on the road again. I should be getting exhaust in a week or so.

Have any news for me?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Sent Ty PM this morning. News s/b in the morning. Our inventory is this week,so no shipping 'til Monday at soonest, but want to get your stuff to my place ASAP /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John