Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

on the subject of oil...

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JoshA, Sep 3, 2002.

1. JoshA

JoshA 1/2 ton status

I bought a set of gm chrome valve covers a few months ago, but I've got a problem when I want to add oil.
    there is a baffle (or something) below every hole in the valve covers, so it restricts the flow of oil into the engine, which means I have to pour it in veeeeeeeeeery slowwwwly.
    its a real pain in the ass. anybody got a solution?

thanks.

2. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

heat up your oil.... Rebuild you engine so you don't need straight 60wt.

3. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Trade with me ... I have a set of Mickey Thompson finned aluminum valve covers with no baffles and holes right over the rocker arms ... mine like to spit oil out the fill hole and into the PCV valve .. but dumping oil in is a snap

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

They make extension tubes for oil ports. I used one on my small block so that it was easier to pour it in. This might be an idea for you.

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Use a bigger funnel that will hold a quart. Then drink a beer while you wait. Dump in another quart, slam another beer! What's the rush anyway?
    Good luck

6. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I hate aftermarket valve covers because they don't have an oil filler hole. I cut up a stock valve cover and welded the bung to my aftermarket covers so that I could have a real oil filler.

If you are not running roller rockers or poly-locks, I'd suggest going with a nice set of early LT-1 valve covers instead of the stamped steel chrome jobbies.