Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Onboard tool box ideas

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Glock Girl, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Glock Girl

Glock Girl Registered Member

I have an extra topbox that I was thinking about mounting to the back floor. The biggest concern I have is how to keep the tools in the drawers from rattling and getting wedged sideways so the drawers wont open. I was thinking about using some of that "egg crate" foam stuff cut to the same size as the drawers, and placed on top of the tools. It seems like it would cut down on the rattles and shifting but be a bitch opening the drawers. Anyone got any other ideas

Shelby
    88 K5

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

My freind used the stuff you buy that you cut to the shape of the tools and then lay the tools down, it keeps everything in order and you know if anything is missing. i don't know how well it would work in an "off road" situation but it may work.

<hr></blockquote><font color=blue>The above feelings are that expressed of the said user, and are in no relation to those of others on this site</font color=blue>

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

ya you can get that stuff at sears, cut it tight enough and they won't fly out.
    Cept if I did that I would have to bring a trailer to bring tools. LOL. I have lil boxs that I keep stuff in like wrenchs and sockets and then they go in the box then into another box.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>