Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Once again, brighter headlights. Two system.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ben Malinski, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

I have searched this site on making my headlights brighter but the info is for a four headlight system. What about the 2 headlight system? Any ideas? Anyone done it? If so, diagrams please. Thanks!
  2. unsane

unsane Guest

how about a putting a four headlight system on your 84?
  3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

May 31, 2000
    It's the same idea for a 2-lamp system. Install one relay on the low beam circuit and one on the high beam circuit. Power for the lights would then come directly from the battery, instead of being routed from the battery, through the connectors on the fuse block, through the circuit breaker, through the through the headlight switch, through the connector on the back of the headlight switch, back through the firewall and finally to the headlights. You can lose 1 to 3 volts through that maze as the connections age.
  4. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

Aug 29, 2001
    switch to the 4 headlight system. I did on my 84 and love it got a couple pix if you like in my profile