Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Once again need help from the CUCV guys.......

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 84CUCV, Nov 4, 2002.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I am starting to work on a new toy a M1008. This is kind of a strange question. I found under the seat a hazardous material sign. That made me uncomfortable. Is there any way I can find out the trucks history or could one of you please?? I am really wondering about this truck now. It is the best M1008 I ever got it is in good shape, but now I am thinking I shound sell it. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Thanks Mike

2. BARRAZA

BARRAZA 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't give it a second thought. There are lots of things that the truck could have hauled that would have required the sign but it's very unlikely that any contamination of the truck would happen. At the local base, they used CUCV trucks to haul live missiles from the test range to the bunker, and they had those hazmat and explosive signs. In general, the military is pretty cautious with hazmat material and besides, the CARC paint these trucks have on them is made to be decontaminated easily.

3. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave 1/2 ton status

It was most likely used to haul ammo. Military regs require vehicles hauling ammo have the hazardous material plaque. I woyuld not give it a second thought.

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Don't worry about it. They wouldn't sell it to the public if they didn't do a thorough cleanning and inspection.

5. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Oh my! Musta had some deadly biological-chemical nerve agent in it. Better let me take and dispose of it properly. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Sorry couldn't resist /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif