Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Once again WTF is happening to our country?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Jan 25, 2007.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

If you drink, some cabbies won't drive:

I stepped into the taxi depot that serves the Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport, where drivers sit and wait for their next fare. In this crowded, noisy room, most of the cabbies are Muslims originally from Somalia.
    "We're doing a story about the conflict between the cabbies and the airport. The Muslim drivers have been refusing to take passengers carrying alcohol, such as wine or liquor purchased at a duty free shop," I explained.
    A group of men gathered around us.
    "This is America, we have freedom of religion," says one cabbie. We could see their feelings are intense -- that the issue seems to cut to the core of their identity.
    "The Metropolitan Airport Commission is discriminating against us Muslim drivers," says Abdulkaddir Adan, a Somalian-American who's been driving a cab in the Twin Cities for two years.

Wow, sounds an awful lot like discrimination against the passengers, oh wait, that's right; minorities can't discriminate right?:rolleyes:

2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

nah...just wait till the Minoritiy is the Majority. That would be Storm Lake, Iowa. Their highschool is like 60 - 40 and the 40 % is Caucasin:crazy:

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i worked on a grade school in brampton, TWO kids were white, 2, TWO, II.

I thought it was funny. no biggy