Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

one heck of a night last night

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Chaz88K5, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i was out in my driveway last night trying to help my room mate figure out what was causing his death wobble on his jeep...we look over to the south of my house a few blocks away...and we see a huge cloud of smoke...we both dident think anything of it untill about 15 mins later hear sirens coming from every direction...go back out side just as the fire trucks pass my house and look over to where the smoke was and there were flames in the air well over 100 feet...so we throw are shoes on and take off runnin to see what happened...this house was just destroyed...the fire started from the owner left a candle burning while she slept and some how it broke or got knocked on the floor and thats all she wrote...as far as i know everyone got out ok..but this basicly ruined their lives just because they dident blow out a stupid candle...so the moral of this story...put out candles when you are not watching them. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

2. blazer88k5

blazer88k5 1/2 ton status

Oh Ya?? Well about 5 years ago I was heading back to my apartment in Modesto from work, it was a little before midnight and when I got to my neighborhood there were fire trucks everywhere!!. I couldn't even get to my street. I figured someone's house was on fire... I didn't even consider my place....well I parked and started walking I even helped out a firefighter who was around the corner from the fire... he was having trouble with a hose and firehydrant (damn those hoses are heavy when they are charged!!) well I got arount the corner just in time to see my livingroom on the second story ( the walls were gone!) a few seconds later the floor collapsed! I think every truck and fighter were there that night. I think 20 or so apartments burned that night. Mine was directly over where the fire started on the first floor apartment. I lost everything /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Was the scariest thing I ever went through... well atleast in the top 5 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Moral of that story??? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif ... don't live above someone who is going to fall asleep while cooking fried chicken!!! LOL well atleast thats what I heard happend. Never did read the fire report?

Randy

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    i was out in my driveway last night trying to help my room mate figure out what was causing his death wobble on his jeep...we look over to the south of my house a few blocks away...and we see a huge cloud of smoke...we both dident think anything of it untill about 15 mins later hear sirens coming from every direction...go back out side just as the fire trucks pass my house and look over to where the smoke was and there were flames in the air well over 100 feet...so we throw are shoes on and take off runnin to see what happened...this house was just destroyed...the fire started from the owner left a candle burning while she slept and some how it broke or got knocked on the floor and thats all she wrote...as far as i know everyone got out ok..but this basicly ruined their lives just because they dident blow out a stupid candle...so the moral of this story...put out candles when you are not watching them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey chazz your luck must be changing because it wasn't happening to you...LOL...But dam hope everyone is ok..mike

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I hate candles.

5. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Similar thing happend to my family back in like 1982, When we lived in Oregon. Went to bed, a candle that had burned so low we couldnt see the flame and forgot about it... ended up catching on fire, luckily our we awoke to the sweet sound of the smoke alarms. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Saved our butts and the house. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

tori89k5