Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

one last post on a positive note: it feels good to be on vacation...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, May 16, 2002.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

it indeed feels nice to be out of that hot AZ 110 degree weather, away from work where I'd be either lifting heavy things, or running wire through dusty dirty crawlspaces and plenums, and up here in Utah, where it might make it into the mid 70's today. MID 70's!!! my grandmother was commenting on possibly having to run the furnace tonite, if it dropped down too much more... THE FURNACE IN SUMMER!! w00t!

man, living in AZ has skewed my sense of hot and cold up... as we all know, AZ has 3 seasons... the Ultra cold one, the bearable one, and the really hot unbearable one... the ultra cold one is of course winter, when it drops down to 40 at night, adn 60 durring the day... no problem you say? yeah it is: no one sells a decent winter coat here... the bearable one is kinda 2 seasons, except that they're so short they only count as 1... its the 3 week period between the cold one, and the hot one, where its `perfet' outside... this happens between the hot one and the cold one too... tops come off of 4x4's, windows are down, and its almost like spring is in the air, except that its either Late february, or late october... when the bearable seasons done with, most the tops go back on 4x4's, and the first 100 degree marks start popping up in mid march... it goes down (up?) hill from there, with the first 105's happening in april, and 110 by mid may. 115 isn't too far around the corner from there, and depending on how the winter went will determine wether a 120 or 125 will be in store or not... to everyone who says `but its a dry heat' you've obviously never burned yoursef on the car door handle, the cloth seats ( vinyl is worse) the metal part of the seatbelts, the steeringwheel, the ingniton keyhole, and the window crank, or AC knobs at 9 AM... you also probably think asphault is a solid, instead of the liquid it is down here in AZ... it probably also gets cooler at night too... not here.. it drops perhaps 5 degrees at nightfrom an insane 115 to a merely blistering 110... oh well, :-P my own fault for living here I guess...

can't wait for the roadtrip back tho... my religious grandmother is trying to get me to go on a mission now... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

-Rich

2. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

40/60 ? Shoot, I'd have to put on a long sleeve t-shirt.
    Kidding, I moved up from Vegas, so I know the heat, too.

3. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

When I used to do truck tires in Phoenix, I learned REAL quick about setting tools and tire-irons in the shade...OOOOOCH!! Slinging an 80-90 pound air-gun all day gets ya in good shape real fast in 115 degrees. If ya don't die, first.

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

EDdaTREESaid
    When I used to do truck tires in Phoenix, I learned REAL quick about setting tools and tire-irons in the shade...OOOOOCH!! Slinging an 80-90 pound air-gun all day gets ya in good shape real fast in 115 degrees. If ya don't die, first.

<hr></blockquote>

I'll agree with that... they reccomend you drink a gallon of water a day here, if you're sitting around doing nothing, although that changes a lot, if you start moving around, and working in the sun/heat. I've learned the hard way on the tools too... the best time to work is unfortunately at night, when you can't really see what you're trying to fiddle with.

oh well, time to head home from this somewhat nicer paradisical paradise....

-Rich