Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

One last thing before I go...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

There's snow and ice everywhere between here and denver, I have a cold, I've been planning my vacation for three months... Sounds like the beginning to a waste of my vacation days, eh? :rolleyes:

BUT, being the idiot that I am, I'm about to leave for Denver anyway. I'm sleeping on a friends couch, and getting up early to make a 7 A.M. flight to SLC, assuming it doesn't get cancelled of course. Let's hope for the best, because I can't afford to drive to SLC now since I bought a plane ticket I can't get a refund for... But I also can't stand the thought of staying home for the next five days whether I'm getting paid or not...

So long. If need be, I'll see you bretheren on the other side :D

2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Good luck!

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

damn son of a whorebag... I got to Loveland and thought I'd stop for a few minutes, then decided maybe I should turn around because my flight is prolly going to be cancelled anyway... So I turned around, and they closed the highway behind me... I was pretty much stuck, so I kept on coming home at 15 mph the whole way... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: My whole vacation is friggin ruined now... :mad: :angry1: :angry1:

4. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

This weather is crazy cap! I hope i make it home for christmas, were driving up to MT, sorry to hear about the trip.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So I sat here on hold for about 50 minutes with the airline, after I was actually able to get connected...They offered to get me to SLC on Saturday morning... That'd be perfect, ya know? Right after everything I wanted to do is over and I have to pack up and leave the next morning... so I'm getting my money back... It'll be a while before I get my money though, so I can't even drive to SLC unless I don't want to eat while I'm there :mad:

Whoever says Karma is real is full of it, I'll prove it to them...

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

everything happens for a reason.. maybe your flight would have crashed??think posative..:D and i'm sorry it didn't work out ,that sucks.

7. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

Or maybe you've been an asshat to someone and karma is real... lol j/k man sorry to hear about your trip... but money back eventually and paid vacation is cool, got a place to work on your rig?

OR

What if you were meant to save someone's life by giving your own, on that flight or at the airport but since he had been an asshat to someone his bad karma stopped you from showing up and he died:eek1: This means what you think is bad karma is actually good karma created in part by that guy's bad karma! Think about it...

8. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Just remember, it's better to be home then stuck at DIA when their closed
    and still not getting to fly anywhere. There talking about Ft. Collins getting
    up to 36" of snow. You wouldn't be able to get home for a week.

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I was thinking positive today, that's how I ended up driving 50 miles in a blizzard going 15 mph :doah:

I guess I could look at it like that... But it's a stretch in my mind... Sure, I'm alive, but my vacation that I've been anxiously awaiting for months is over before even starting... I put up with all the bullcrap from people at work and I try to be nice to people, and I even helped three stuck people today in Colorado, I deal with the horrors of being over 20 and living at home, I pay my bills, change my plans to work for someone who decides not to come to work, donate to charity, help strangers, and I could go on and on... I could perhaps be guilty of being rather prideful and full of myself, once in a while I'm not nice to everyone, and I've even been known to speed... All I ask in return from the Karma Master is a chance to get away from family and this town and relax and see some cool stuff... It's a lie, that's it.

Gah, I need to go get some sleep... Maybe I'll be perky in the morning, I'm still too pissed off to function in society right now :crazy:

10. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry yer holiday is so screwed up. :crazy:

Been there many times too.
    One of the most aggravating was, I needed new tires on my Bass Boat trailer, so I bought those a day before taking a weeks vacation, 'ell I'll get some new wheels too while I'm at it. Purdy, aluminum wheels! Purdy!!!
    Bought some supplies to last the week just sleeping in the boat at night , weather permitting, filled up the 30 gallon tank, cast off and idled out to past the No Wake Zone, and opened up the throttle.................just as it came up on plane...................the Merc seized up.................ended up having my friend in his Bass Boat tow me in..................:rolleyes: :doah: :mad:
    Whole week, sat around and moaned...........:doah:

Now if I have a bad one..........I think about how lucky I am in other ways or about how it could be worse and try to find the silver lining.........:wink1:

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Hmmm, it didn't seem to work... I woke up at 10, debated whether to go and pay more than I can afford in gas or just suck it up and stay... A prediction of snow this weekend ruined those plans too :mad:

Then I was shoveling my way to my Jeep with the most worthless shovel I have ever used in my life when I paused... I thought, "I haven't had breakfast yet. If it wasn't for this snow that I'm breaking my back to shovel, I would be relaxing and living it up in Salt Lake City. But instead, I'm standing in three feet of snow drifts searching for the sidewalk."

After that, and the worst Reuben I've ever had in my life, I decided to use some of my vacation fund to get my battery cables fixed on my Jeep... Hell, I should at least be able to relax while someone ELSE fixes my Jeep... 2 hours later I have a new battery, new alternator, new battery cables, and I've spent more than what I had set aside for my vacation... AND I forgot to move my money from my savings to checking account, so my debit card was denied and I didn't have my checkbook, so I had to sit there in the waiting room with these disgusting girls who tried to put the moves on me until my dad showed up with a check...

Man I can't wait for this vacation to be over. I'd rather be bored at work taking crap from moronic government employees who don't know their own damn job title. :doah: