Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

One more 203 thread....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SchnorrCS, Jul 26, 2006.

1. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

Ok...If you read my other post, you'll see I have never resealed or rebuilt a 203 before. I am more of a motor guy, but anyways, there appears to be a rubber o ring under the front output shaft bearing retainer plate. It's about 2 inches across, and appers to have been clear at one point. Is this silicone that seeped or is it acctually a gasket/oring? If so, anybody got a part number and know where I can get one? The guys at both Chevrolet and Napa looked at my like I was retarded. Thanks again fellas.
    cS

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Most likely you'll need to buy a gasket set for the 203, about 30 bucks. Unless you make your own. I might have a spare if you want to wait on shipping. It should just be a flat gasket, not an o-ring.

3. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I used a very thin film of Right Stuff...no gasket and it hasn't leaked a drop since putting it together.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Forgot about that, RS will seal up anything.

5. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

I have the gasket and seal kit, but it doesn't have the little rubber oring. Was wondering if anybody knew where to get that. Chevy doesn't seem to know what I'm talking about, but they also kept asking me about my Mp 203. Go figure...

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I don't remember an o-ring on the output. Are you positive? In looking at the manual schematic for the 203 the only thing behind the bearing besides the 4 hole gasket is a lock ring to keep it from moving into the housing. There is a output shaft seal over the top of the bearing as well.

7. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

What do you mean over the top of the bearing? I only have one seal in the bearing retainer plate...

8. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Looking at the 203 output assembly schematic in the manual that shows each piece stacked in relation - that is what I meant.

9. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

Ok...I see