Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

one more last post... Guide to building a street machine

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

thanks homeless guy that goes through my garbage /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    thanks homeless guy that goes through my garbage /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]welcome, and next time throw a hot fillet mingon, with bakedpotato and a nice red wine on the side.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

5. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I like the intro to their forums: http://forums.somethingawful.com /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]when they went pay only, they kept thier original memberbase (didn't exclude anyone) with the rules of `if you screw up, piss off a moderator, break the rules, become extremely obnoxious, leach bandwidth, or post crap that wastes bandwidth, you'd be banned, and get to cough up another $10.

of course, since Somethingawful is the `pinnacle of maturity' they've also got games you can play with eachother... such as change your personal custom title for $10, or change someone elses custom title for $10 ( anything goes) as well as purchasing banner ads to be displayed at the top of the pages for $10 a month. the biggest difference between here and there, is they have some 15,000 active users, and a good deal of them participate in the banner ads, custom title shenanigans, and getting banned.

before anyone hops on my back about being a member in the nets most immature site, but not here, I got in before it went pay, and havn't been banned... been a member there since 1998, went to pay in about 2001. perhaps you can offer up bannerads for sale here too? ( not just advertisers, but random people would advert thier site, or even thier favorite threads, or just use it as a chance to flash a giant "@#$%^ YOU!" to whomever... )

hope you can bail the site out,

-Rich

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah, I love looking at sites that think outside the box and can come up with a way to make it work, every site has a different audience and what works for one site most likely will not work for another.
    I like their idea of a 10. one time fee but not sure that would work here, seems like we would still have the "Hey you should be a Member" thing that we have now.

7. highwaydevil

highwaydevil 1/2 ton status

I'd pay $10, $25 is just too much for me.

8. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I like the intro to their forums: http://forums.somethingawful.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, lots of interesting stuff on that site.

Just DON"T TRY TO LINK TO AN IMAGE THERE!

I tried this morning and let's just say the result was a bit unexpected! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I like the intro to their forums: http://forums.somethingawful.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, lots of interesting stuff on that site.

Just DON"T TRY TO LINK TO AN IMAGE THERE!

I tried this morning and let's just say the result was a bit unexpected! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]sounds like someone got `Goatsed' this morning... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif they despise bandwidth leeching, and are swift to deal with remote linking to images. that site is the owners entire livelyhood, so he generaly spends 16 hours a day policing the servers for remote linking, hack attacks, and etc.