Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

One more time found a cheap 84 3/4 4x4 ...........

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by 84CUCV, Jan 27, 2004.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

It was used as a beach truck. SO lots of rust, but i am learning to weld so I figure i have something to work on and if i mess up no big deal. It has a 350 400/208 14sf and the front ten bolt. He said it is setup for towing. I thought there would be a 700r4, but he said the 4.10s and 400 are for the towing. I am going back friday to hear it run and take one more look at it. He said i might be able to get it for 400 500 bucks. Anything to watch out for? Thanks guys mike

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

If you don't care about the body, I would look the drive train over VERY closely and if all seems in order, go for it. The only thing on the body I would check are the mounts. Make sure they aren't rusted through. But $500 for a running, driving 4x4 isn't bad at all!

Kris

3. 84CUCV

Yea, i'm going for it. the mounts are good to. thanks mike

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah get that booger if the drive train is good and find a crew body for it and make it a flat bed. That would be cool! I found one CHEAP 2wd but it's going to be Retro Avalanch cause the body is not rusted out.

5. 84CUCV

Grim, that is one heck of a cool idea! I just might try to work that out. Let you guys know how it goes. Mike