Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

One of those days!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmyjack, Dec 15, 2000.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Today was opening day for archery deer here in AZ. Went out, put all my gear on, checked the bow, checked my arrows and none of them had tips on them! The last time I used my aroows was in sept. and everything was there when I put the bow away. My partner let me use two of his, no problem right? They were 90 gr, mine are 125. Got a shot off on a decent size deer and blew it right over his back, he was gone........ Anyway I'm heading home (after buying new tips) and minding my own business. Traffic had basically come to a halt so I slowed down and I heard tires squealing and looked in my mirror just in time to see a Honda Accord slam into the back of my blazer. It was devastated. crumpled metal, smashed headlights,it was uggileee. He managed to hit my drawtite hitch square in the middle of his front end. Wish I had a camera. He managed to scrape a bumpersticker off my truck tho'

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

2. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

BUMMER thats too bad about the bumper sticker

[​IMG]

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I had one of theose days today too...went to a junkyard with a friend looking for parts, and it was real muddy. Put my shoes on the tailgate for a minute before I got in my K5, came back and someone stole them...

90K5

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

as a fellow archery hunter i feal for you on the hunting trip. so how is the back of your truck?

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

The rear end is fine 'cept for a few streaks of white paint, and a smeared bumper sticker. Even tho I missed the shot it was by far the best time I've had. I havent been hunting that long, only the last year. The closest I've been to a deer is at the petting zoo. It was neat, I heard it grunt when it took off running. Maybe 25 yds. I have until the middle of Jan. so no rush.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

They STOLE your shoes? Thats almost funny. People are prett f***ed up, huh?

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Yeh, people are really stupid sometimes. the reason they were off was because they had about an inch of mud on the bottom of them too...thats just pathetic

90K5

8. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Maybe thats why people get mad at suv's (sorry i know the K5 doesnt liked to be called an "suv") but their alot bigger and little hondas get crumpled lol sorry about hunting but thats good that you liked it

[​IMG] SlyDog [​IMG]