Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

One piece windows on a second gen?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Apr 20, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I remember seeing a commerical or an ad somewhere about converting the wing type window to the full side window (like the 88-up pickups).

This is something I would like some more info on, manufatured website, pricing, install details anything! I have a vent window that leaking and the window tint is pealing off, the other vent window the rubber gasket is melted and looks like someone smeared black chalk around the window /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anyone /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

its the curve to the glass that throws it all off, if you could get a little curve in a one piece solid door glass then you could use it in a 73-up door, the 72 older door glasses are flat you can use plexi/carbon glass in them easily and save weight at same time and everything

good luck

3. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    its the curve to the glass that throws it all off, if you could get a little curve in a one piece solid door glass then you could use it in a 73-up door, the 72 older door glasses are flat you can use plexi/carbon glass in them easily and save weight at same time and everything

good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

No there's a company that sells a 1 piece window kit with all new channels and rails. It looks like an 88-up 1 piece window, you take out the wing and that rail. You can convert non power windows to power (whick I have power windows anyway). But its suppost to be a bolt in kit. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I've seen that done. But have no info. I think i saw the kits in "sport truck" mag.

5. jjlaughner

yeah I figured it would be, I dont have a subscription to those mags. Maybe I'll go flip through some at the store.

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i dont know hgow it works with curved glass doors like these 73-up ones are, unless the kit glass is curved, yeah power doro kits common, see them around alot for the 67-72's especially,

good luck