Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

One piece windows

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigRed89, Nov 6, 2003.

1. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

Has anybody converted their driver and passenger door windows from the stock wind wing to a one-piece window? If so, do you know of any manufacturers that make a one-piece window for our Blazers/Suburbans/trucks?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

This was covered on this board not too long ago, my opinion of the idea was that since you'd have to remove the inner support (from the door skin to the inner piece) it was a bad idea. I don't like the vent windows, don't get me wrong, but the cars our vintage crack the door skins because there is no support up top near the hinges, exactly where the trucks have it.

I don't believe anyone was ever able to find a supplier though.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It was said that at one time, someone had a kit, but that it was discontinued long ago and nobody will make them now. The main problem is that the glass is curved.

4. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the comments dyeager and 84 Chevy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I think I will put this project on the very back burner.