Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

one problem after another

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CruisinK5, Oct 8, 2000.

1. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

Well I have been having withdrawal, I have not been on here in TWO WEEKS! I have pile of posts to look at too. Anyway I am back and unfortunately I have a problem. See I was overhauling the brakes on my K5 this weekend because they had been getting a little mushy lately. Got that problem fixed, but I was casually glancing around under it when I noticed, old faithful has a broke left front leaf spring! The main leaf is almost in two. My question is, what are some good places to get a replacement from? Should I go ahead and replace both sides since they are old? Yall's help would be much appreciated[​IMG].

"Have you driven over a ford lately?"

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Do you have a lift? If you dont, this sounds like a good excuse to get one[​IMG]

90K5

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

If you don't have a lift and don't want one, I have two springs you can have. You pay for the shipping and they're yours. They came off of my 83 3 months ago.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Check with these guys, I had a set made for my 74 Nova, front and rear, however I have not had a chance to put on the rear leafsprings yet, or the gastank, or etc., etc. - Steve :)</font color=blue>
    http://www.eatonsprings.com/

<font color=blue>Steve Sosa a.k.a. "sosaman"</font color=blue>
    http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html