Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

One step closer to Uber Hard Core (UHC)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hawkeye649, Oct 16, 2004.

1. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

A gutted F/S Jimmy tail gate is so much lighter /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have a Can-Back top. What are your guys experiences with these and winter? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I was planning on putting my hard top back on, but a friend of mine thought he'd need me to help him move some wood so I decided it was finanlly time to gut the tail gate. It wont be too hard for it to go back in, but if there isn't much of a difference between the soft top and the hard top.... The soft top has kept out the rain every bit as well, if not better, than the hard top..... and I never exactly found the back seat in my Blazer/Jimmy warm....... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Looks like it's an aftermarket tail gate, all nice and drab grey. And the piece of metal that the regulator mounts too is already rotting out at the bottom. The drivers side end of the sash had rotten off and was sitting in the bottom of the tail gate. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

2. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status