Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

One step closer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Quackaddict, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

Well after 2 hours and a short tantrum of 4 letter words I got the hummer beadlocks taken apart.....good grief that was a pain I didn't realize so much went into those things.

I got them off anyway, made the short trip on down to Wally World. Told the guy behind the counter that I need to get some 36's mounted to which he replied "Sir, we can only mount on up to a 20 inch rim"..........guess he thought I had some serious "bling bling" So I explained the rims were only 16.5, after some wierd looks he went and got the "redneck" tire guy who said no problem. Put them up on the axles to make the axles easier to move by myself...........getting close. You can also see in the pic the easy bend brake lines.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Very cool.

When I brought my tsl's into walmart the woman behind the counter was saying "we can't mount AG tires" and giving me all kinda BS..

Same situation, got the Redneck tire guy to mount them up and it was all good. He was super jealous and impressed with the tires :D For 3.50 a tire, I'll never fight tires, just bring them to wally world ;)

3. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Very cool.

When I brought my tsl's into walmart the woman behind the counter was saying "we can't mount AG tires" and giving me all kinda BS..

Same situation, got the Redneck tire guy to mount them up and it was all good. He was super jealous and impressed with the tires :D For 3.50 a tire, I'll never fight tires, just bring them to wally world ;)

4. Cajun4x4

Cajun4x4 1/2 ton status

sweetness...

5. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

cool, I tried to get mine done at Wally World but the guy at the front said that they can't mount them. I said why not, they're only 38.5's and my buddies online have mounted stuff that big at their local Wally World, why can't you do it. He just shrugged it off so I guess they can but they don't want to.

Looks good.

-Avery

6. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Most places dont like to do them cause its alot of work and are quite larger than a normal size tire. And sometimes when they are lazy they require 2 people to do it. I had a place that wanted 15-20(depeded on who i talked to) each tire to mount and balance 38's.

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

and i'm about to BRAKE! lol sorry, poped in my head

8. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I need a little room to breathe ok Branndon.

-Avery

9. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

I was actually thinking of that song when I did the title.........

Yeah he had to use a tow strap to get 2 of the beads to set and have a guy help him on them but they were VERY cool about it. The only reason the first guy said no was because he really didn't understand how the old tire size works he just knows what they tell him.