Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

One Ton truck that was on Ebay, disapointed!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mpascino, Aug 28, 2001.

1. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Don't know how many people read the post about a week or so ago about a 78 one ton pick up for sale. Anyways, my friend and I used" buy it now" for $750 bucks. The truck was supposed to be a 1 Ton with a dana 60 front limited slip, 14 bolt rear locked, rebuilt TH-400 trans with lift springs all around and good tires. My friend drove from NJ and I from albany to Lake george, not too bad a trip for me, sucked for him. I also had to hussel a tow dolly up. Anyways, drove all the way up there to see a 1/2 ton truck rotted to [censored], frame included. The trans was a POS th-350 leaking and beat to hell. Tires were shot and it had 8" of lift blocks in the rear. This is all after speaking with the owner two times to confirm the listing. Sorry just had to vent, if you see a guy on ebay named "taperk600" stay away.
    Mike

You call that dirty!?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

What a homo! Sorry to hear about that!

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

E bay sucks big time. All people sell on there is junk that they cant sell around their home town. I know a lot of people who have been ripped off the same way your friend was. Just this week my wife found a sewing machine that was suposted to have been made in Sweeden. The bidding started at $150. She called a local sewing shop and they told her that that particular model of machine was made in Tiawan and was only worth $125 MAX. I cant believe the price of some of the junk auto parts sell for on there also.
    If you shop E bay be careful and check into what you are buying very carefully. There are a lot of rip off artists there.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze</a>
    <font color=orange>Charter Member of The Too Much Fun Club</font color=orange>

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Man, if you contacted the seller about it, and the ad was for a 1 ton, aren't you contacting Ebay right now??? Definitely "buyer beware", but it sounds like you were out and out deceived. Ebay won't stand for that, and if you have a corroborating witness, I think Ebay will really try to help you out. Its in their best interest to keep THEIR customers happy.

Sometimes people make dumb mistakes, and probably asking for VIN would have been smart (that will indicate 1 ton right?) but still...contact with seller, and outright lying on the auction is not right. Happen to have a URl for the closed auction, or auction #? I'd like to take a look myself!

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen

5. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

I'd like to make something clear about ebay, I've been using it for a while and I've gotten some real deals on parts, litterally saving more than 50% on stuff. The rule of thumb is to investigate the seller, see his feedback and see his previous auctions and what people have said about him.
    In this case it sounds like a true case of someone trying ot pull a fast one, meaning ebay had nothing to do with it, just this crooked ba$tard. I don't think ebay should get a bad rap from some bum trying to take advatage of it. Simply leave the guy the WORST feedback imaginable and include your email address so people can contact you in the future and he won't be able to rip any one off again!

If it doesn't sit on a frame, then it isn't a truck.

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Wouldn't this be false advertisment? I would have turned around went home and told the guy to shove it!!!!

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>