Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

one week of not touching the 75

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Feb 13, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

just find it amazing, seem to have lost interest in it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

wierd, I dont even look at it now,

its like that one chip in your windshild, just infront of your face that bugs you.

you cant help but see it and you know you could easily fix it but you just leave it there..

maby I am jut enjoying the 83 too much, any body else neglect their baby /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Neglet, I got my wife mad for playing with mine 3 days this week. Then I am doing my lift on Valentines day /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif At least I'll take her to dinner Sat. night /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Shawn-

From what I have seen, what you have done was "too much, too soon" You have just burnt yourself out. I have done that before and can relate to what you are going through.

You know you have a great truck (even though I liked it before the hacking), it just takes some time to want to get back in it. Try to enjoy it as it is. Fix the motor, take it offroading, show your buddies up with your more capable rig.

Take it easy, this feeling will pass, and you'll be back in it in no time.

John

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    just find it amazing, seem to have lost interest in it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

wierd, I dont even look at it now,

its like that one chip in your windshild, just infront of your face that bugs you.

you cant help but see it and you know you could easily fix it but you just leave it there..

maby I am jut enjoying the 83 too much, any body else neglect their baby /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's normal......

Even a fun hobby can become a "chore" if you spend every waking moment thinking about it.

The truck isn't going anywhere. Just let it sit for a while and don't work on it....eventually, you'll feel the "urge" to go out there and tinker on it.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm sure I will be like that in the not to distant future. Maybe mine is too much too soon, I mean a couple months ago it was an almost entirely stock K5 that I never wheeled for real and now I'm building a hardcore trail tube buggy. I'm already thinking about what my next project will be. I'd like to build another big truck but then one of them would be neglected.

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I was like that summer before last when I was repainting inside. Was a complete drag. I loathed it. It sat from december to probably march. Then was like WAKE UP STUPID! Reassembled, drove it hard, blew an engine, and she sits again.....grrrrrrrr.....vicious circle.

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

My GMC. One year ago at this time, I was putting it together from a frame in the garage. Got it all together and running/driving on Boggers by early March. Went to one mud run, a couple off roading trips. Brand new throwout bearing went out in early May. It's been sitting in that very spot since.

It's strange how "new" projects always have more appeal... maybe its just cause it's a change of pace; something different. Even though I have enough projects to keep me busy till I'm about 95, I'm always thinking up new ideas.

It's very normal... but someday, you'll just want to get it going again and you'll be back at it.

8. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

If your tired of it can I have it??? j/k Youve got a bad a$$ truck and ull get interested in it again. Just dont flip the new one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. blazin topless 75

blazin topless 75 Registered Member

I can't wait to get sick of mine...it's still sitting at the seller's house in IN waiting for the shipper to pick it up...I can't wait to get started!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif