Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

One weird problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kyser_soze, Jan 13, 2007.

1. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Here it goes: Everytime it gets real cold outside the damn horn on my truck goes off until I disconnect the battery. It happened at 2 am. and the neighbors are rustleing.:o

Any ideas?

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Later model??..

My brother in laws '95 GMC does the same thing--its the horn button/steering wheel,it shrinks in cold weather,and applies enough pressure to set the hon off!...dealer said they could fix it for 150 bucks...:eek1: ..

I showed him how to pull the horn relay out,but its a PITA to get at..havent found a better "easy" solution--for now the horn relay is in the glove box!..someday I'll find another steering wheel and horn button (his is warped from summer sun's heat-,probably why the horn sets itself off..)

Blowing a horn at someone here is futile anyway--most folks ignore horns,unless they are on a semi or a train,and just flip you off anyway!..leads to road rage and a possible beating or murder!..better off just not having one here most of the time!..:crazy:

3. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I was thinking along the same lines:( .

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Now thats funny.:haha: