Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ongoing project!!!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stretch67, Jul 4, 2004.

1. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

2. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

That is beautiful. Did you move the engine forward to get the big block to fit or modify the firewall?

3. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

thanks! i moved it forward 2-3" i had same firewall issues you did. hei dist would touch firewall if you turned it. i have a 1" body lift which didn't help. i used the engine xmember rom a 1974 with ord mounts, i still had to clearance the firewall a bit with a hammer! tall valve covers might be a bitch! did you run into any heater box issues when you cut the firewall for clearance? if not that sounds easier than moving engine forward /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

nnnniiiicccceeeee.all i can say.hope mine looks that good some day. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I have not installed the heater box yet, should in the next day or two but from looking at it, doesn't look like any clearance issues. That is wild that moving the engine forward 2-3" still left you with HEI clearance issues. Can you get a good close up picture of your firewall on both sides of your valve covers and the HEI.

6. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

clearance issue was before moving engine. room ok now! right now i am using an msd hei instead of the gm one so lots of room! although with the new intake i have to take the cap off before dropping it in i will take a couple closeups of valve cover to fire wall and include in my webshots gallery /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. jerry303

jerry303 Registered Member

Nice truck! What are the seats out of?

8. stretch67

stretch67 1/2 ton status

1996 nissan maxima. 6-way power-leather $250 ebay i just couldn't pass them up!