Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

online junkyards? trying to find 3/4 ton axles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, May 7, 2000.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Does anybody know any good online junkyard networks? There's not that many junkyards near me and I'm trying to find a 8-lug dana 44 front and a dana 60 rear. No, I don't want a 14 bolt ff, it's too big and heavy for me, i'm only gonna run 35s or 36s and I don't care if the 60 won't bolt right in. I can get d60 parts easier because my dad works for a F*rd dealership. There's also more lockers availible for this. What trucks came with them? Didn't 67-72 pickups come with them, or am I dreaming this?

Oh yeah, there's a 14 bolt ff at the garage around the corner so if anyone wants it let me know and I'll go over there and see what he wants for it. I'm in NE new jersey.</font color=blue>

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I am in albany NY. I have some yards around here that have that front axel. do you ever get up this way? I can hook you up with one. no prob. no dana 60's that I know of. and i'm sorry to hear about your father. hope he recovers soon. I spent time in a ford jail!!!!

3. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>at least he doesn't drive one of those. He's got a 57 chevy turquoise blue 81 k10 (soon to be a k30, he had the $400 for the axles before me) and a 65 vette 327. It's great because we can use the shop to work on our chevys when it's not packed with broken fords</font color=blue>

4. there was a set of axles on the Off-raod board yesterday D44 and D60----check it out 250 I think it was !!!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

5. scavenger

scavenger 1/2 ton status

Try www.car-part.com/ I tried to add a live link for you but I can't seem to remember how. When you bring the website up just fill in the information they ask for and hit send. There are very few used parts that I have not been able to find using this site....good luck.

6. Javier Gras

Javier Gras Registered Member

Hey Biggray,
    Try this link http://www.copartfinder.com/
    It will list vehicles in junkyards with pictures and vin number, however it doesn't have a way of looking for parts.

Good luck

Javier

7. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>I saw those axles on the ORC board. they're in FL and i don't think the frontend will work. will the rear be wide enough?
    </font color=blue>

8. mudder

mudder Registered Member

TYPE TRUCK PARTS UNLIMITED INTO YOUR SEARCH ENGINE. THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.

TAKE IT TO THE MUD

9. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Hey Biggray there is a guy that advertises them here all the time in Michigan.. claims he has front and rear dana 60s...... See if I can find his number if ya want it???

I think he ask $800 for em but I think he rebuilds em I dunno forsure..

Scott
    78blazer

10. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>Yeah that would be great, mabye I could convince him to send me a non-rebuilt one becuase I have acces to the tools and parts needed and I could save a few dollars that way. Do you know how much shipping would be to NJ? </font color=blue>

11. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

got me on the shipping part.. I'll have to go buy a auto trader hopefully his add is still in there..

Scott
    78blazer

12. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Well I found the number, but it just says d60 front axles but he has all kinds of axles forsale so he may have rear 60s to here it is though.. 517 871 3631 Millington Michigan..

Scott
    78blazer

13. windrider

windrider Registered Member

14. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Yes, GM did use Dana 60 rear ends in some 2WD pickups, '71 - '72 vintage. Pre 14 bolt FF, and after they stopped using the Eaton drop-out style.

Tim

1970 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    1987 Suburban 4X4 350
    1988 Chevy Pickup 4X4 350

15. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>Are these common peices? What years did the trucks come with them? </font color=blue>