Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Online NASCAR Racing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Just entered a league and tonight was my first race. In this league, you have to start at the bottom in the ARCA cars and work your way up..........................

Chicagoland Speedway was this week's locale for the final race of the season with a tight points battle at the top and I was just looking to turn some laps.

Practice, I was either 5th or 6th on the speed charts. Same thing for Happy Hour.

Figured I would qualify pretty good. Ended up looping it out of Turn 4 on the first lap and went into the grass and got pissed, so I ended up started at the back of the pack of like a 30 car field or something. Too bad cause during my practice qual runs, I would have qualified easily in the Top 5, maybe Top 3. Good point was who ever got the pit stall behind me dropped out, so I was going to have a nice, big entry into the stall during the race.

About Lap 2 or 3, first Yellow comes out. I started out in 26, by the time we got the restart, I was up to 16th, even with changing 4 tires and filling up. I figured if it was going to be a crashfest, I would just play the gas mileage game.

My one big complaint is starts/restarts. We can't pass until the backstretch, at the start, this really hurt because half the field in front of me apparently forgot what pedal makes them go. Oh well.

On the restart, I ran a lap easy to get the tires warmed up, then it was time to start picking people off. One word about the series I'm currently in, it runs a fixed setup. It's given out a few days before the race. I had spent probably about 300 laps in the last few days driving it. It was a pretty good setup. First couple of laps, it was somewhat loose, but the one thing I didn't like was it wasn't loose enough for me. It was perfect for the first lap qual run, which was when I was running most of my fastest times. I could throw it into the turn, stroke the go pedal and come out of the turn hammer down. But like stroking all other things in life, during the qual run I was a little nervous and looped it. Oh well.

I crossed the Start/Finish going into Lap 12 and low and behold, Caution #2 starts to wave. Even for 81 Laps, I'm starting to think it's going to be long night.

The crash is in Turn 2. Rules of the league is when the Yellow flies, there's no passing. So I gingerly let off the gas cause the tires are not all that warm yet, and the car is still in the loose stage and I didn't want to loop it in the turn and screw the rest of the night up for me.

Well this is the time that you wish other people on the track is on the same page as you. I'm about half a second behind the next guy and he sees the wreck. It's up against the wall and it is not that much work to keep the car at the bottom and go by it. Well apparently he thought otherwise cause the next thing I know, he's on the brakes hard (mind you, he's got the wreck cleared by a country mile) and in the same line I'm in. Needless to say, several profane type words escaped my mouth. I hit him in the back, the collission throwing my Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS into the wall, right smack dab into the wreck, which now has grown by several cars. I'm towed in and good ole "Cheat'in" Chad Knauss (I've got an add on spotter pack for the game, some guy redid it with Chad Knauss and it's pretty cool) looks the car over and game over.

What really irks my panties over the whole deal is the guy I rear-ended got absolutely no f'n damage at all from the melee and when I finally left the server, he was running in the 1-2 positions.....................:mad: :mad: :mad:

Next week starts a new season and with it comes a new mod which is supposed to make the cars replicate the ARCA car physics a little bit better. I guess what whoever did the mod used the truck series physics and those things tend to run tighter than I like, but if tonight was any indication, as long as I stay out of the messes, I should be good.

I decided to do this as something to do, always been kind of interested in it. It's definately something that I probably won't be able to run for championships since I'll be doing this around work, but hopefully I can make some noise................................:D

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

cool,BUBBA. i got way to much going around here with home repairs and stuff to get involved.:mad:

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

What's the web site?

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status