Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Online Semi truck salvage yards

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 77crewcab, Aug 19, 2005.

1. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have a site for used parts for semi trucks. I am looking for air tanks for on board air set-up and don't have anything local. The only things I have been able to find require specific info on the trucks before listing any parts.

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I could go over by my house and get what you need we have a semi truck wrecking yard about a mile from me

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I have found that the tanks from trailers work better than the ones from trucks. Are there any trailer repair places around?

4. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

Actually I am in the middle of "truck country" with dealerships, trailer repair places all around but no yards carry semi parts. WTF is with that? :dunno: Anyway I can check around with them to try and get somethings and can probably find something, but I was wanting to look online to get a price range of the things first. Even parts from a bus would be fine for what I am thinking just don't what would be reasonable to pay. Looking for airtank to go in the space under the tool box int the bed and fit the full width of the bed. I guess I could get two if they are smaller. Also thinking of using air brake lines to to route all the lines. I know the brake lines run about $30 new but have no idea what to pay for the tanks.

Blazinzuk could you chack with the yard by you to get an idea of prices and sizes they have? That would be really helpfull.

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

6. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the link I had tried ebay for semi truck air tanks and no results. Who would have thought to search for just air tank :doah: I found what I was looking for with the Frirestone tanks on there.

7. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yah no problem it will be probably Friday before I can get there. I will try to swing over there earlier remind me or e-mail me or something I tend to forget things pretty easy :D